24. And we meet again, Serpent Princess

Ivy's POV

"Help us, we need a doctor!", I yelled as FP, Jughead and I carried Fangs into the hospital. Due to the riot going on outside no ambulance was getting through the crowds. 

"Ma'am", Jughead said to the lady at the desk. "Wait your turn" she snapped.

"He was shot", Jughead said again staying polite. "Step back-",

"He's dying!", I yelled at her while hanging up her stupid phone. "Hey! What's going on here?", a doctor asked.

"My friend was shot right through the stomach", Jughead explained. "Get me a gurney. Be careful", the doctor instructed the nurses who took Fangs away. 

"Where are you going?", FP asked as I started walking out with Jughead. "To find the guy who shot Fangs", I said angrily. 

"You're not going. None of you, not with people rioting. You two are angry, you want justice? So do I. You've got a fallen soldier, and we need to talk to his family. That's part of being a leader", FP told us. 

"Some leader I am", Jughead said. "Don't go down that road. Alright, come on", FP said wrapping an arm around my shoulders as we walked back into the lounge to make some calls and fill in Fangs file. 

*

"Excuse me, how is Fangs Forgaty?", I asked a nurse. "He's still in surgery", she explained to me.

"I wanna talk to him as soon as he wakes up", Sheriff Minetta said. "Sheriff Minetta", I said with disgust in my voice, "Shouldn't you be looking for who shot Fangs?".

"There's a manhunt underway. Your Serpent pals aren't making things easy. Rioting, carousing, terrorizing. Already arrested a few", he explained. 

"I hope they are trashing everything and Fangs wouldn't have a slug in his gut if you had done your job", I spat. 

"I don't know the detail of your parole, but I'm certain harassing an officer would violate them", Sheriff Minetta mumbled turning to FP. 

That was mine and Jug's chance to leave and get out of the hospital. I knew Sweet Pea and the other young Serpents were at the school trashing it. 

"Come on, we're meeting Archie", jughead told me. We quickly got on our bikes and headed to the spot where we were meant to meet Archie, Kevin, and Moose. 

"You're too late", Archie sighed. 

"Try Mad-Maxing your way through a riot", I mumbled annoyed. "What happened?", Jug asked. "Weatherbee shut us down. Kicked our asses out", Archie explained. 

I quickly grabbed my phone and texted Sweet Pea.

Pea: You good? I hope you're not arrested, I'm with Jug gonna pay Reggie a little visit. Stay safe.

"The Serpents took off again, to Midge Klump's house", Archie explained. 

"Why there?", I asked focusing back on their conversation. 

"To trash it, I told them that Misses Klump shot Fangs, not Reggie. Jug, you have to coax them off the ledge and Ivy you gotta come with us find Reggie", Archi explained. 

"I'm on it", Jughead said and the two said goodbye. 

"Be safe", Jug said kissing my forehead. "You too", I said and hugged him tightly in fear I would never be able to do that ever again. 

*

Soon the four of us were sitting in a booth at Pop's, me next to a shaken up Reggie. 

"I don't know where else to go. Mister Lodge left me hanging", Reggie mumbled. "Wait, Reggie. I know he paid you to trash the Wyrm but did he pay you up to this?", Archie asked making me look at Reggie in disbelieve.