7. You're a lot like him

Ivy's POV

In Riverdale, everyone wears a mask, not just the Black Hood but every so often the mask slips and our true selves are laid bare for all the world to see. So, we scramble to put it back on, like a kid in a cheap Halloween costume, but it's too late. People have already seen what's underneath and it's terrifying.

The next morning I woke up numb. I turned off my alarm and sat up still not believing last nights events. I barely got a handful of sleep last night, Nick kept haunting my dreams.

My brother and Toni apparently had some fun last night, it sounded like that but I didn't care. I felt reckless and numb almost like I did back in the days.

I quickly slipped on some black high waisted ripped jeans along with a grey cropped top, since it was getting a little colder I decided to pack my favorite flannel. I rounded the outfit with my black heeled boots.

When I looked into the mirror I got scared, I had bags under eyes and my skin was pale. I quickly grabbed makeup to fix that issue as soon as I looked a little more alive I headed out of my room.

"You hungry?", Toni asked my cousin not noticing me yet, she was only wearing his shirt. "You never have to ask me that", Jug chuckled.

"I heard you guys last night, guess you're done with Betty", I said making my presence clear. "Uhm, Ivy, Toni and I", Jug stuttered.

"I don't care Jug, you can do what you want", I chuckled. "Ivy, how are you?", Toni asked and gave me the look I hated, they thought I was weak.

"Great", I lied. "You want to eat something?", she asked.

"Nah thank you, I'll see you two in school. Dressed", I laughed. "Ivy!", Toni yelled. "Cute butt!", I yelled as I closed the door.

I drove off to the school and parked my bike there sitting on the steps of the entrance smoking my breakfast cigarette, I needed it.

"Jones, what's up", Sweet Pea asked sitting down next to me. "Nothing much how 'bout you big man?", I asked.

He took the cigarette out of my hands and took a long hit from it, "I never knew you smoked". "I stopped since I've been here", I explained.

"I see", he said and gave it back to me, "How did you sleep?". As if he could read my thoughts.

"Why?", I asked. "I can see your bags under your make up so I guess you didn't sleep well", he concluded.

"Yeah, it felt like I couldn't get one second of peace", I explained. "It will be okay", he smiled and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

I finished my smoke and stood up and waited for the boy to get up as well. Serval students were already in the building.

"Let's get to class", I said as we both walked into the building for our first class, maths.

*

After maths, I was walking with Toni. "So you and my cousin?", I smirked. "No, it was just a PG-13 session, he's not over Betty and I'm more into girls anyways", Toni smirked.

"I know", I chuckled. "So, uh, did something happen between you and Sweet Pea? He seems different", Toni asked.

"No, we just got closer I guess", I shrugged just when we heard the front doors barge open and serval dogs barking.

Officers stormed into the building and we all started to run but the officers caught Toni and Sweet Pea, pushing them against the lockers and that was when I didn't give a fuck anymore. I stood still and just smirked when two officers grabbed me and pushed me against the locker putting handcuffs on my wrists.