5. In unity there is strength

Ivy's POV

"Holy", a girl's voice whispered as I just groaned cuddling deeper into my pillow. "Guys!", Fangs voice shouted making me jolt up. 

Just then I realized I had been cuddled up with Sweet Pea the entire time. "Hope you had a good night", Toni chuckled. "It's not what it looks like", I mumbled still pretty tired. 

"Well, what are you doing here just now?", Sweet Pea asked. "I picked Fangs up from the police station, all the Serpents at the Wyrm were taken by the police because of the fight", Toni explained. 

"What time is it?", I asked anxiously. "It's like 7 AM, school starts in about an hour", Fangs explained and got some food. 

"I'll see you in school", I said and gathered my stuff. "Where are you going?", Toni asked. "I'm going home praying my cousin hasn't noticed that I'm gone", I explained. 

"Bye", the boys said at the same time and I quickly ran out, the distance between Sweet Pea's and our trailer wasn't big maybe like a five-minute walk. 

I grabbed my keys and quickly got inside but to my bad Jughead was sitting at the breakfast table and stared at me. 

"Ah, you're coming home", he chuckled, "Where were you?". 

"I was with the Serpents yesterday and there was a fight, afterward I fell asleep at Sweet Pea's", I explained. 

"A fight? Are you hurt?", Jug asked quickly getting up to look at me. "No, I wasn't involved it was between the Bulldogs and the Serpents", I explained. 

"Ah, I heard about that", Jug said and sat down again, "So you and Sweet Pea?"

"Oh no, no, no, I was just coming over to his because he was hurt and I helped him clean up and then we watched a movie and the two of us crashed", I explained. 

"Aha". "I'm gonna go get ready", I said and quickly escaped the increasingly awkward situation.

I decided to wear grey high waisted jeans along with a black off-shoulder long sleeve and my high heeled boots. I paired it up with my regular leather jacket and quickly did my make up. 

*

During our lunch break, Jughead and I walked outside to where the Serpents were sitting, I was smoking my well-deserved cigarette, god I hate chemistry. 

"Nice article your girlfriends' mom wrote", Sweet Pea yelled at Jughead, apparently Alice had published an article about last night's fight making us look bad. 

"I saw that Dilton Doiley was stabbed and you jumped him?", Jughead asked. I sat down next to Toni and watched the whole scenario. 

"That idiot stabbed himself with his own knife", Fangs explained. "We didn't jump him. There was a fight, Bulldogs versus Serpents. See this?", Sweet Pea asked pointing to his bruised eye, "Your boy Andrews gave it to me before his girlfriend shot a gun into the air".

"What happened?", Jug asked confused. 

"But of course, Northsiders get off scot-free and the rest of us are hauled by the police. It's payback time", Sweet Pea growled. 

"What are you guys talking about? What is that? Is that a pipe bomb?".

"Forgaty's cousin served in the army, he's gonna build us something. We'll do it after hours. It'll shut the register down once and for all", Sweet Pea explained. 

"You think blowing up a building will make things better?", Jug asked. "They can't get any worse". 

"Yeah, Sweet Pea, they can. Let me talk to Archie, figure this out", Jug suggested. "That's all you ever do, talk, talk, and more talk. We don't know who you stand with. Us or them? Even your cousin is more with us and she isn't even FP's daughter. You can't be half a Serpent", Sweet Pea said before he and the rest left minus Toni and I.