twenty three

Maleeka POV

"Khair" I shouted the name Khair in my sleep, I don't know why but the name khair has been tormenting me for the past three years. I know I don't know who I am but who is khair, All this thought were running through my head as I drank a cup of water from my jug close to my night lamp.

"Maleeka what's the mater?" Mubarak said as he ran into my room and all I could do was to sit on the floor and breath heavily.

"Khair? Who is she?" I asked Mubarak as he sat on the floor next to me.

"I don't know, but I think you might know her. maybe after the memory lost you must have forgotten her" he said and I nodded.

"Yeah you're right, I might had known her that's why I always call her name in my sleep" I said as I got up from the floor to the bed.

"Take your pills"Mubarak said passing me my pills "it'll help you rest your mind" he added as he passed me a cup water.

"Thank you, but please can you tell me every bit of how you found me?" I asked.

"The doctor said not to" he said as he turned Arround to leave but I stopped him.

"But I said you should, please Mubarak you have to understand ,my kids? They don't know their dad and it pains me to see them growing up without their real dad" I said in tears and he sat on the far end of the bed away from me because I and Mubarak are not married and he is not my muhaaram.

"I know. it hurts me too, OK I'll tell you how I found you maybe it'll make you remember something, but take your pills first" he said and I gulped down my pills as he tells me how he met me.

FLASHBACK

It was a dark and windy night, Mubarak and his friends were off camping.

Mubarak and his friends decided to camp next to the briskly road masjid valley side because they were american Muslims and needed to know when the Adhan is called.

'Guys I need some water" Mubarak yelled at his friend Masud.

"No water brother" Masud said while setting the came site.

"Ok I'll go to the river side" Mubarak said as he leaves for the river side to wash his face.

"Wow this is some good water" he thought as he wets his face.

"Aaron!" Khair called softly as she sunk and Mubarak heard her and went to see who it was.

"Whose there?" Mubarak shouts as he got up to see who it was.

"Whose there?" he yelled again before walking into the river. he swam in the cold water just to get to the root of the mysterious noise.

He deeps in as he held his breath and behold it was a woman.

"Subhanalah!" He yelled as he helped the Lady out of the water, he carried her bridal style and ran towards the camp site.

"Guys, Guys" He yelled his friends name as he ran to the camp side.

"What's wrong?" Muhammad, his other friend asked as he saw the woman in his hand.

"Its a woman!" Mubarak said as he brings her down.

"And she's shot badly" Masud said as he saw the state Khair was inn.

"Let's take her to the hospital" Muhammad suggested as he picks up khair and runs to the car where he kept her at the back sit and drove away.

***

After the long drive, they arrived at the hospital where khair was admitted.

After some hours of surgery the bullet were all out and Khair was no longer in any form of danger.

"Sir the patient is okay and so are the babies" the doctor said to Mubarak a soon he walked out of the ICU.

"Thank God you brought her on time or else her face would have been damaged but thanks to you her face is okay" the doctor said as he taps Mubarak on the shoulder.

"Can I see her?" Mubarak asked and thr doctors nodded.

"Yea but she's not awake right now, but when she is I'll inform you the doctor" said before leaving.

It has been 3days Now and Khair is still asleep, only muttering few words in her sleep.

But after one night which she shouted the name "KHAIR" she was awake.

"Doctor, The patient is awake" Mubarak yelled as he ran into the doctors office.

"Wow!" the doctor said as he entered into khairs room where he found her seated on the bed.

"Who are you?" Khair asked as she sighted Mubarak and the doctor.

"I'm Mubarak and who are you?" Mubarak asked as he sat on the chair before khair.

"I'm... I'm... I'm... I don't know my name" she said as a tear fell from her cheeks.

"Doctor how can she speak English then?" Mubarak asked as he heard how fluent Khair was at English.

"Yeah they're some people like that, when the memory is lost the don't remember the people they've mingled with but they at least remember the language the were brought up with and I'm certain that English isn't the only language she knows" the doctor said as he and Mubarak walked together down the hallway.

"Wow! I think she's an African so I'm certain her family aren't here maybe they're searching for her" Mubarak said as he got to the doctors office.

"Sir all I can say is that you should take care of her and be supportive, don't tell her about the accident' the doctor said and with that Mubarak left to go see Khair.

END OF FLASHBACK

"And that was how I met you" Mubarak said.

"But who is Khair?" I said and Mubarak looked at me with a puffy cheeks.

"That I don't know but maybe she's your sister or your mums name" Mubarak said and I just nodded as I laid on the bed.

"Maybe" I said as I laid and closed my eyes but some flashes keep on coming, and those darn flashes made me feel are sharp pain in my head.

"Khair!" I yelled again before falling back on the bed were I dozed of or should I say fainted and all I could hear was Mubarak shouting subhanalah before he picked me up from the bed where I laid, probably taking me to the hospital.