18.

Amara

I answered a few hellos along the way, but couldn't hear much because of the EDM (Electric Dance Music) much blaring through the heavy built speakers. I move a little way away from the obsessive crowd, almost getting knocked off my feet as bodies packed at all sides of me. A large hand wraps themselves around my waist to steady my balance and I am thankful for the uncomfortable yet protective action. I move my eyes up to meet my saviour's ones and I smile when I saw who the green grey eyes belong to. "Don't tell me you're drunk already," Lucien says and grins widely.

"No these people are just rude and reeks of alcohol already," I shout over the noise and he brings his face closer to mines to hear what I said.

I shake my head and stood on my tippy toes to peck his cheek. He smiles down at me sheepishly nd pulls me away from the noise. Seems like Syl and I got separated already. We ended up sitting on the logs around the big fire and I am instantly met with offers of rum and coke. Of course, Lucien had to tell the group of boys off.

"Can't you fucking see that she's ill? What the fuck you got eyes for?" he barks and I place a hand on his chest.

"He's probably drunk Lucien. Take it easy," I coo in his ears and he send me a glare.

"Why are you even here? Did Sylvia drag you here? or did she persuade you into coming?" he asks.

I arch an eyebrow. "So what? I can't have a life now? Oh I'm a sick girl! Don't come closer I'm contagious," I say sarcastically, "there are other ways in enjoying oneself than drinking," I add.

The atmosphere was a bit chilly and I shiver, mentally cursing for not walking with a shawl or a sweater. Lucien quickly notices and takes off his sweatshirt. I open my mouth to protest.

"Chill I have on a T-shirt underneath. Put this on," he orders and I pushed my hands through the sleeves and pulled the neck over my head. Unfortunately the tubes mingled in with the same neck piece and I groaned, unable to help myself.

Lucien let's out a chuckle and tells me to take a deep breath in. He removes the tubes from my nose and pulls down the rest of the fabric over my body. He places the tubes back again and wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him for protection.

"Marking your territory already Lucy?" a high pitched voice announces their presence. Lina.

"Got a problem?" he rolls his eyes and she smirks. She sits on the opposite log next to a girl with Billie, Syl's cousin, and kept on glaring to me.

"Hey guys, this is Amara. Amara this is everyone," Syl announces and everyone except Lina greeted with a cheer.

"So Amara, what's your major?" a guy with long jet black hair asks.

"Art." I answer plainly.

"I thought you were some kind of charity case," some other dude said and I felt Lucien tense beside me. I wasn't taken aback of this person's stupidity, because I know someone or the other was going to say something obtuse.

"You're not serious," Lucien says too softly for me to understand his emotions. "Come on man. You remember Angelica Haine, last year's cancer patient? Didn't think she was the easiest to hook up with. Then again, they're always desperate," the boy smirks and I had to grip on to Lucien's hot hands to stop him from luring at the guy.

"Stop it Brad, she is not a charity case. She's my goddamn friend so stop fucking messing around before I make you shut up," Syl barks and his smirk grows.

He eyes Lucien and I and doesn't say anything for a while. "So who's up for a game?" Finn asks and I look to Lucien. "How about truth or dare?" another girl suggests and look around the probably drunk adults.

"Isn't that a kid's game?" I ask.

"Not the way we play it," Lina glares and I gave her the same look.

"Beer pong?" Brad suggests and Lucien let's out a laugh.

"There isn't a table you fucking genius."

"Catch and fuck?"

"Hide and go fuck?"

More ideas were shared and I kept thinking that they would suggest something that doesn't have sex in it.

I bring Lucien down to my level and whisper in his ear, "what is the matter with people and having sex on a lake?"

He chuckles. "Nothing matters once there's something for us to lay on."

I arch an eyebrow. "Us? Sweet Veronica don't tell me you've had sex here."

"Nope. Want to make it the first time?" he grins and I wack him behind the head. "You know better."

One of Lucien's friends call him over for a drink so he told me that he will be right back.

"Don't stay too long," I pout and he squishes my cheeks.

"Do not move. I mean it Amara," before getting up to leave he places a light kiss to my lips and I'm thankful that it was dark and nobody could properly see my face.

I nod in compliance and he leaves.

***

If you're liking this story, don't forget to vote and leave a nice review! xoxo