27.

Amara

Touch.

Someone who loves us is focused upon us, and their touch is a physical expression of what they feel emotionally.

You sense your partner's presence to the moment and connected to you. Not like a touch that's perfunctory or detached, this kind of touch signifies warmth and loving intention. To affect emotionally, to bring about tender or painful feelings in.

That's how my skin felt under Lucien's gigantic hands. The bare skin that wasn't hidden by the peach colored skirt I wore, was under immense heat; just by one simple touch.

We were driving for what seemed like an hour now, haven't decided a specific place to break away at. I didn't complain, I enjoyed the windy night and the idea of being free for once. What I enjoyed the most was being with Lucien. His presence alone, was comforting and that was all that matters for once.

Him, me and the road. In a perfect world, that was all we needed.

Nothing crossed our minds at the moment and no words were exchanged during the period of our alone time together. But no words were meant to be exchanged.

Instead, his eyes would often meet mines or when I wasn't looking. He would place a long, lustful kiss to the back of my hands and kept telling me how much he cares for me and that his feelings would never change. I didn't question his words, I let it be, knowing that I too felt the same.

I felt hopeful as I saw a glimpse of restraint and tranquility glistening in his pupils. He caught me staring at that moment but I didn't look away in embarrassment.

"You're really beautiful..... you know that right?" I say in a small voice.

He didn't answer, only caressed my delicate skin with his fingers, his hands reaching no further.

"If you looked up the word "beautiful" in the dictionary, your name will be the only meaning you'd ever find under it," he says smoothly and sends me a wink.

"Lucien," I groan and move his hand away from my lower thigh. He puts his hand up in surrender.

"What, you know I'm not lying princess."

"I just, I get aggravated whenever you compliment me," I shrug.

"Well I'll continue to do it then. Tu es charmant, sensationnel, superbe, stupéfiant ...." (You are charming, sensational, stunning, amazing in French)

He laughs when I send him a glare. Just then, my phone starts vibrating on the dashboard and I grab it. The caller ID read Sylvia.

I answered on the 3rd ring.

"He-"

"Amara Jordyn Belle where the hell are you?!" her voice screeched in my ear.

"Jeez Syl are you trying to deafen me?" I switch the phone to the other side of my face; the ear she hasn't defeaned yet.

"The DA's been looking for you. You're lucky I knew what to say. Why didn't you tell someone you were going to disappear?" she scolds.

"Sylvia I'm okay, I'm with Lucien."

He turns his head to me at the sound of his name and smiles.

"Since when do you run away with boys miss lady?" she sounds so concern, it's adorable.

"Since when is hanging around Lucien a bad thing?" I scrunch my eyes, even though she couldn't see.

"It's not. Just.....be careful," she sighs and I could tell that she was serious.