29.

Amara

"Will you answer my question?" he pouts his lips and pushes a dead daffodil in front of my face to tickle my nose.

I roll my eyes. "Haven't I already gave you an answer?"

He shrugs. "Not the one I was looking for," he picks at the leaves of the flowers and let's them sail away with the wind.

I exhale dreamily as I watched his actions. He caught me staring once or twice but didn't tell me off, mainly enjoying the little attention I was giving him. He moves a strand of hair away from my eyes and placed it behind my ear, pulling at my chin and bringing me closer. He places a wet kiss to my lips and I deepen it by placing a hand behind his neck. He pulls away too soon and grins mischievously.

"Not until you give me a proper answer."

I sigh. "I wasted my cancer wish to go to Six Flags."

He fake gasps. "Did you now?"

I playfully hit him on the chest and lay down on the blanket again, the grass creating a comfy layer underneath it. "Amara Jordyn, you did not....go to Six Flags. You did not use your last dying wish-"

"I was 13," I defend and pout.

"-to go to Six Flags," he stares down at me in disbelief.

I crossed my arms and diverted my gaze away from his half amused face.

He shook his head. "That's the saddest thing I've ever heard. Now I'm just embarrassed."

"Why are you embarrassed?"

"I can't believe I have....truly, madly, deeply, foolishly, completely fallen....for a girl who has such cliché hopes and dreams," he smirks when I tried to hide my blush.

"Like I said, I was 13."

I uproot a few strands of the grass blades and threw them across his face.

"I hate you," I pout again.

"You know you love me," he says softly and brings his face closer to mines, his hot, minty flavored breath fanned against my bottom lip and I yearned for the kiss. He closes the gap between us and I relax under him. His hands found the sides of my body and, in an flash, he pulls me up to straddle his lap. I giggle uncontrollably as his fingers tickled me and I hide my face in the crook of his bare neck to muffle my happiness.

"Lucien! S-S-St-t-t-top it!" and he did, 25 screams after.

"I can't stay away from you," he whispers whilst caressing my cheeks with the pads of his thumbs.

"Why do you try to?" I prompt, lacing my fingers together behind his neck.

"Mainly because I'm afraid of hurting you," he coos. I note that his mood hasn't changed. I'm glad for the while.

"Why would you possibly think that you could hurt me after what I've been through? I'm not afraid of anything. Only...." I sigh and shake my head.

He urges me to continue. "What are you afraid of princess?"

"......Falling in love," I mumble, playing with his checkered shirt collar to distract his further questions.

He grips my wrists to prevent my actions and I forced my eyes to look into his. I sat, afraid to utter a word, thinking that he would get aggravated by me even squeaking.

"Amara, just say that....you're afraid of loving me," he mutters under his breath.

He was staring into my eyes, but looked around in search of something, just something.

He was so mysterious I couldn't pinpoint anything.

"I'm not," I say a little too softer than usual.

"I just.......I can't..." I shake my head and pull away from him. I get off of his lap and roll onto the blanket, looking up at the blue skies, thinking about everything.

"Are you questioning us?" he asks lowly to me.

"I'm not. It's just....gosh everything is so difficult to understand. I mean, everything has been going on so wonderful for us these days but I'm afraid that it'll all end and wouldn't end too well," I blurt out and bite my lip in frustration. I felt guilty and tried refraining from spitting out the anger that I had towards him when we first met.

"I'm also scared that we'll go right back to where we started when the first met," I add.

"I've changed Amara. I've changed for you, and I will never ever put you through something just to hurt you in the end,. Don't have doubt okay," he says solemnly.

I couldn't and didn't want to say anything more. Silence filled the atmosphere as we both didn't question each other further. I didn't want him to trip and lose his temper.

"I don't want you to change for me Lucien. Do it for you. You're a great person Lucien. Nobody's perfect, but to me you are. I like you just the way you are," I say softly and take his hand in mine, caressing the smooth skin softy.

"I can't promise you a lot but I too, am trying, really hard."

"I'm trying too baby," he says lovingly.

"Well we'll try together....okay?" I suggest and his frown turned upwards. He brings the back of my hand to his lips and placed a delicate kiss to the skin.

"You're my saviour Amara Belle."

***

I really wanted to dedicate a sole chapter just based on Lucien and Amara's relationship without the complications and the drama, something really romantic seeing as I never really published a chapter just focusing on their connection. So I chose this moment to give you all something you truly deserve. I am actually crying as I write this author's note. I have come to love this story! I am also grateful for all of you amazing people who gave this book a chance♡!

If you're liking this story, don't forget to vote and leave a nice review! xoxo