01

[ a/n: lowercase intended ]

he had his life plotted out well, like a murder case successfully solved. he liked doing schoolwork every night to ensure that he didn't have to worry about anything the next day.

but felix always loved asking for help from seungmin, especially in math and science. seungmin didn't understand why. math and science was easy, he just had to listen.

he walked down the hallway, hand on the strap of his messenger bag, and eyes half open due to last night's schoolwork.

"dude, you look tired," seungmin's australian friend said, catching up with him in the hallway.

seungmin rolled his eyes. "yeah no shit, i was doing your science project last night."

felix smiled and slightly nudged seungmin's shoulder. "thanks, minnie. really appreciate it. do you want ramen after school?"

"is this your way of saying thank you because you have to do better than that," seungmin said, running a hand through his soft, brown hair.

the shorter boy blinked a couple times. "well—uh, i could let you play using my fortnite account?"

"felix, i don't play fortnite," seungmin said, smiling. even though his friend felix could be a lot annoying, he appreciated the sunshine the freckled boy brought around with him. "ramen is fine. we should go invite jisung and changbin."

"jisung would probably order two bowls," felix said, shaking his head. "boy's always hungry."

the two entered the classroom, and their squirrel friend, jisung, waved frantically. "sit here! sit here!"

they made their way to him. seungmin sat in the middle of felix and jisung. "jeez, what's with the energy?"

"today just seems different," the chubby cheeked boy said. "i feel like something fun is going to happen."

seungmin blinked a couple times. although he didn't want to admit it, he was sure he was going to fall asleep as soon as class starts. it was fine. he could just read the textbook and study by himself at the library after school.

then he remembered felix's offer.

seungmin groaned, bending over and rested his head on his desk. and slowly, he started to lose consciousness. ramen sounded real good right now, but all he wanted was to sleep.

the last thing he heard was something about a "jult" which seungmin was sure jisung said about if he ever had his own cult. the rest? he couldn't remember.