19

seungmin was dreading detention the whole way there. he was still busy trying to comprehend what had just happened. it felt so real. everything in the dream felt so real.

saying goodbye to jisung and felix was hard, despite knowing he'd see them in the same place they always hung out at.

"we'll be in your room when you come home," felix said, giving seungmin a pat on the shoulder. "two hours doesn't sound bad. you'll be fine!"

jisung ruffled his hair. "and don't fall asleep," he laughed. "in case you forgot the reason you were given detention."

seungmin nodded. of course he was going to be fine. nothing worse than the dream could happen now that he was fully awake.

he pulled open the door to the room. there weren't that much students so after giving the paper to the teacher on the desk, he went for the back, where only a single guy sat at the very end of the row. he was listening to music, obviously. seungmin could see it. his earphones ran along inside of his hoodie's sleeve. he silently laughed at the thought.

after sitting in silence for a couple more minutes, the boy turned up the music louder so seungmin was able to hear it. he decided to tell him about it by leaning over.

"hey," he whispered, tapping the boy's shoulder. "i can hear your music. the teacher might catch you."

the boy then immediately removed his earphones and looked up at him with his brown eyes. seungmin moved back, making his chair squeak in the process.

"is something going on back there?" the teacher called out.

"um, no," seungmin said. "i—i just dropped my pen."

seungmin's gaze was still at the boy, who was looking a him with a confused expression this time. he then pretended to reach down and when he sat back up, the boy was still looking at him.

"what were you saying?" the boy asked.

"oh uh, your music... i an hear it and i don't think the teacher will be pleased if she finds out you're violating the rules of detention." seungmin tried to make his voice sound firm. talking to another boy shouldn't be a problem. but this particular boy strangley looked like the same boy in his dream. if his name was—

the boy chuckled and then shook his arm so the earphones would come out from under his hoodie, "don't worry about her," he said, then held out a hand. "i'm hyunjin."

and it was as if seungmin was punched in the gut at that moment. the boy didn't just look like the same one in his dream. he also had the same name. he regretted saying nothing could go worse than his dream. now it felt like he was in one again.

"i'm seungmin," he said, shaking hyunjin's hand.

hyunjin's eyes lit up and he smiled. a smile seungmin never saw in the hyunjin his dream. "i like your name. why were you sent to detention?"

seungmin sighed. "sleeping in class?" he said. he felt his cheeks go warm. "you?"

"smoking at the back of the school?" hyunjin said with the same tone of voice seungmin used, "i'm new here and they let me off with a warning so detention was given to me."

seungmin ran a hand through his hair, smiling slightly.

"hey, can you uh, show me around after detention?" hyunjin asked. "only if you want to, and if you're free. I kinda need to get used to it here."

there were three reasons why seungmin should have said no. one, jisung and felix would be waiting; two, he had homework to do that night and another project for the three of them, and; three, he barely even knew hyunjin and the similarity of him and the boy in his dream was putting him off for some reason.

but of course, with a small nod, seungmin said, "sure, i can do that."

long time no update, i know i'm sorry aaaa. promotions for go live just finished and i'm sure a lot of us were busy as well during promotions aaaaa

anyway, i hope you're still enjoying this and thank you so much for all the votes and comments. i really appreciate them ♡