06

they were at the record store, and felix wouldn't shut up about something that happened a week ago.

apparently, someone had spread a rumor about jisung being on drugs. that was impossible. although jisung could be very hyper sometimes (even more than felix), he would never do such thing. jisung was a good guy.

"those aren't true," jisung said. "my god, felix. do you have to listen to what everyone else says?"

"yeah, and we hang out with jisung like, all the time," seungmin said. "how will he be able to smoke weed or something without us, his friends, seeing him?"

felix sighed. "i know, i know," he said. "i'm just worried. what about what other people are gonna say about you?"

"i don't care what people say," jisung said, flipping through more records. "as long as it isn't true, i've got nothing to lose."

the three of them split up to look for more CDs to purchase. seungmin's mind was blurry. it seemed like everything that was happening wasn't real.

but of course it was.

he went down one of the aisles where his favorite band's CDs were displayed. there was also a player in the middle of the racks to enable people to listen and test out the CDs.

that was seungmin's plan.

unfortunately, it was already occupied. the large hoodie was pulled over the person's head, preventing seungmin from making out who it was under the hoodie. the music coming from the headphones was also too loud.

he tapped the person's shoulder.

no response.

he did it again, harder this time. the person head, ripped the headphones from his ears and turned to seungmin, a frown plastered on his face.

seungmin found himself smiling at hyunjin as he looked at him, the latter's expression immediately shifted, now wide eyed.

"are you following me?" hyunjin asked, putting down the headphones with the music still playing.

"no?" seungmin laughed. "i came here to listen to my favorite band." he  took the headphones hyunjin was using. "and what're you listening to?"

.... i spend most nights awake, wide awake.

hyunjin snatched back the headphones from seungmin. "stop that," he said.

seungmin leaned on the racks of CDs. "no way, you listen to modern baseball?"

hyunjin paused the song and shifted his position. "i don't like the song, okay?"

"then why are you listening to it?" seungmin asked, suppressing a smile. he somehow liked the way hyunjin got so frustrated easily.

was that bad?

maybe not.

"leave me alone," hyunjin said, turning away from seungmin. he looked at how the hoodie hung from hyunjin's torso. he seriously needed a better sense of style.

"you told me that night that people have wronged you," seungmin called. "and you told me you didn't want to forget me."

hyunjin turned around, which relieved seungmin. however, it was weird that his friends weren't looking for him yet.

"that conversation meant nothing," hyunjin said. "why are you so eager on this?"

"because you're interesting," seungmin said.

"no one finds me interesting," hyunjin said, this time walking away... again.

"hyunjin, i'm interested," seungmin said, firmly. he put both hands on his hips. "i'm not the person who'd just back down without a fight. i'd like to get to know you because you're interesting and unique. i like unique."

hyunjin sighed. "and you like to talk a lot."

seungmin smiled. "i guess i do."

hello yes, the song hyunjin was listening to is "your graduation" by modern baseball. they're chill i love them