6. The Proposal

(Pic of Coby's Wolf)Luna's  POVNight comes quickly and Coby hasn't come back since he left this afternoon

Luna's POV
Night comes quickly and Coby hasn't come back since he left this afternoon. I have less than 2 days now to decide. I wonder where he's always going off to. Part of me wishes he were here so I can ask him some questions. Maybe it would help if I got to know him a little.
"You can ask me whatever you want Luna" I hear him say in my head. This keeps getting weirder by the minute.
"If I can hear your thoughts Luna you can hear mine too"
"Can I block you?"
"Yes, I can teach you."
What else is there to know?"
"We have heightened senses, we age slower, our body temperatures are about 10 degrees hotter. What else do you want to know?"
"How long were you looking for me?"
"7 long frustrating months. I could sense you at times and then I'd lose you. I didn't understand why, at first I thought there was something wrong with me but then when I finally found you and saw you were part human I knew that was why."
"How long had you been stalking me?"
"I wasn't stalking, I was observing you and it was 3 months. Normally we would find each other within a few days and immediately imprint. I knew I couldn't do that with you so everyday was hard for me. The bond will get stronger now that you are awakened."
"That is what Nina said too."
"Luna I've been thinking and I won't force you but if you just let me imprint on you I will let you go back to your old life. I just don't want you to be hurt by another were. If you are ever ready to accept me I will be here waiting for you."
I couldn't believe he just said that to me.
"Are you trying to play some reverse physiology crap on me?"
"No, I want you to be sure especially because of what happened to your mom."
"What if I never come back and marry someone else?"
"Then I will make a life with another who is not my mate and will never really feel a true connection with her. But know you won't either."
"How old are you anyway?"
"I'm 19"
"Isn't it illegal for us to imprint and get married?"
"We don't follow the same laws as humans. Girls reach full maturity by 16 and guys by 18. Sometimes one will have to wait for the other if they are mates but once both are of age the bond will kick in and it becomes almost impossible for them to be apart."
"What does the bond do?"
"Well for starters it allows you to read each other's thoughts. You sense one another's presence and emotions. You can also heal one another. That is another draw back if your mate rejects you, you won't heal as fast."
"What was your first thought when you saw I was human? Nina said you felt unlucky."
"I did at first but I don't now."
"What about you?"
"I want to see my dad and Diablo, I miss them."
"Luna I will keep my promise to you. Think about it. I'm going for a run, my wolf wants to be out for a while."
"WAIT! WHAT! You can change into a wolf?!"
Coby laughs
"Yeah, no duh"
"Oh I need to see this."
"You sure"
"Absolutely"
"Come outside behind the cabin"
When I find him I see Coby undressing, he pulls off his shirt without taking his eyes off me. My heart starts racing and I start feeling hotter. I lick my lips.
He undoes his pants and slides them off with his shoes. He's now only in his boxers and I have to admit he is a fine specimen.
"Are you going to turn around?"
"Then how will I see you transform?" I smirk
He smiles big before dropping his last piece of clothing. Now I'm no saint, I have only been with two guys so that's all I can compare to but damn it he's huge.
I look up at Coby, he's pissed! Oh shit, my thoughts. Without a word he half jumps and burst into a large ball of orange brownish fur. He stands about to my chest on all fours. He comes closer to me and I see the same eyes but he's furious. I hear a rumbling noise coming from him but I'm not afraid. I should be but his wolf doesn't scare me. In a weird way it calms me. He backs away slowly and burst through the woods. He's beautiful. What the hell just happened.
Holy shit balls, he's pissed!
His wolf is beautiful.
I wonder if he can still hear my thoughts as a wolf.