Chapter 13

Aiden's POV:

"Well um I uh... Let's just say if you met this person who've you've seen your whole life but never really bothered to talk to or hang out, and then suddenly you want them in your life wanting to help them, be with them, see them all the time. And when you do something stupid and stupidly try to fix it they get upset and basically ignore you. " I quickly say in one breathe as my mom looks at me with wide eyes. "Just figuratively speaking" *clears throat and nervously scratching back of neck* my mom calmly finished her tea and closed her magazine. "Sweetie if you truly want to help someone and be with them then what is stopping you? Show them that you genuinely care that you will be there no matter what, that you will do anything for them. And if they keep trying to ignore you then keep trying because along the way they will see your genuine intention. And if it takes them a lot to trust you then be patient because if they apologize all the time or second guess themselves that probably means someone very close to them broke their trust." Listening closely to my mom's words I smiled and hugged her thanking her for her advice. I quickly run up to my room and take a shower. After my shower I jumped in bed grabbed my phone and texted Peanut.

Jailyn's POV:

I finished showering and I put on simple mom jeans and a lilac jumper and my white shoes. I dried my hair and took out my contacts and put on my thick black framed glasses. I heard a knock on my door and I knew that meant father was leaving. I quickly fixed my clothes and my posture and went out of my room. I quickly closed my door and went to the front door when I heard the bell ring. I opened it to see 3 men dressed in suits and hair slicked back I bowed to them and let them enter.  With that my Father came down with his suitcase and his phone. "You can miss days of school if you'd like just don't let your grades lower. " I nod confirming that I understood.  I face the three men "Would you care for some food or beverages?" My father translated for me, they declined the offer and I felt them eyeing my face and posture since I was standing mainly on one leg, hiding one arm behind my back, head down, and eyes glued to the floor. My father caught on what they were doing so he quickly distracted them. "Well we should get going men don't want to be late for our flight. *faces me* now you take care okay sweetie." He said with such fakeness in his voice it made me sick he bent down and hugged me. I tensed up fully and flinched turning my head away when I felt him kiss my cheek. Then he smiled with an empty and cold smile and the four men left and I waved them goodbye as I saw them go up the road and turn. I felt my cheek get wet and realized a tear fell from my eye. I didn't know if it was from happiness knowing I'd be free from him or hurt to know he just put up an act so he wouldn't seem like the monster he really is.

With that I saw my bike still chained up to the tree and I limped my way over unchaining it and taking it inside the house into my room. I sighed in relief knowing I was free from him for a while and I could go anywhere I wanted to freely without worrying if I was going to be caught or not. I held my side wincing slightly while sitting up and I didn't know if I should go to school tomorrow. I really don't want to deal with Karissa or wear pounds of makeup to hide my face or having to hear stupid rumors of me having sex with someone. Besides I have my essay due one Friday and I have all my other weekly homework done so missing a couple of days wouldn't hurt me. As I sit on my bed debating whether I should skip or not. I hear a vibrating noise from my night stand I see it my phone I get up and grab my phone and I freeze.

Aiden_7:

Hey want to hang out sometime? I'm free any time. You chose what day and I'll make the plans, anyway off to bed cya later.

I didn't know how to respond or if I should respond at all, I put my phone down and decide to just sleep it off for now and I can text him in the morning...*a few hours passed by*

Let's just I couldn't sleep I kept staring at my phone 'Maybe I should answer him, what if he's playing a prank. What if- no no I'll text him back with a simple reply and go to bed.' So I did, quickly sending him an okay turned off my phone face the other side hugged Jimmy (stuffed bear) and drifted off to sleep.

*Time skip*

No one's POV:

As two days passed Jailyn decided she would go back to school on Thursday in case she had work to make up and turn in by Friday. And maybe possibly let Aiden talk to her but she still hesitant on that. As Jailyn was in her house she would clean whatever mess she would make and watch TV in the living and she said she would go grocery shopping after school on Friday. Aiden was in school waiting and worried about his little peanut wondering why she didn't come to school if she was sick if she needed help or would just be coming late but sadly he didn't know which made him more worried. You may ask he could've just texted her but he didn't want to annoy her or make her feel like he was trying to nose into her life so he let her be. The days passed and Aiden said to himself that the moment he sees Jailyn he was going to let her know he was going to be there for her now, that he was going to be that someone she needed whatever she meant by that. He's going to do everything be can to let her know.

"She's not alone anymore"