~ Chapter - 40 ~

Chapter - 40: Argument With Marauders, First Task and New Minister

Selene Potter-Black

The hall was pin-drop silent once they heard the name that was announced by the headmaster, Draco and Blaise were looking concerned while Selene was pale as ghost and at head table, Sirius, Regulus who is in disguise along with Remus and Severus were glaring at Albus as they had seen him smirking slightly before schooling his features into his signature grandfather persona and once again Albus called Selene's name and Draco pushed Selene slightly forward not to create a scene and Selene moved forward slowly looking at her father while Sirius along with others can see the unnamed fear in her eyes hidden to everyone else.

Selene was directed towards the chamber behind the Staff table and she was followed by Sirius, Remus, Severus, Minerva, foreign school headmasters, Albus, Crouch Sr and once Selene entered inside everyone started to question her loudly which made her flinch which was seen by Sirius and his blood boiled seeing his daughter flinch.

"THAT'S ENOUGH, EVERYONE, IF ANYONE WILL LAY HIS/ HER HAND OR RAISE HIS VOICE ON MY DAUGHTER, I WILL SKIN THEM ALIVE, IT'S MY PROMISE," Sirius shouted at everyone present in the chamber while Remus took Selene in his embrace to soothe her.

"Albus I will not allow my daughter to participate in this death tournament where she will be in the hands of death, and I want to know who dared to put my daughter's name goblet and I'm going to take this to notice of Amelia Bones and Minister," Sirius promised with fury in his eyes while his magic made room turn into cold which made people shiver in fear.

"Now, now Sirius there is no need for you to take this to Amelia's notice. I will get a team who can investigate all this mayhem," Albus said with a sad smile.

"Now Selene my girl did you or did you not put your name in Goblet?" Albus asked and Selene glared at him with hatred and anger but sensing her Uncles and Father's gaze she controlled it before answering him.

"No headmaster, I don't have any death wish or any zeal to participate in this stupid tournament, I don't care but I'm not going to participate in this," Selene declared firmly looking into eyes of Albus for few seconds before averting her gaze.

"Albus, I'm saying you my daughter will not participate in this no matter what and who is the person he/she is ridiculous enough to suggest that we host this game?" Sirius asked already knowing who it is.

"And headmaster I'm warning you if in 48 hours you will not find the person who did this we will sue you and your remaining staff for this activity because you people are responsible for it and for putting my goddaughter in trauma, in your presence someone tried to do is and you are still telling us that she should perform in this tournament," Remus said and everyone in chamber who knows he is wolf can understand and see that he is trying to stop his wolf from surfacing.

"Now Remus that is not the way to talk to Headmaster and if Albus said he will look into matter then he will, I have that faith in him, this is not I expected from Old student and brains of the Marauders group who was pranksters and best students in school once upon a time," Minerva chastised making Sirius and Remus look at her in anger and frown at her.

"Minerva let me remind those years has long gone, the war and our own experiences and incidents changed us much that we can choose what is right and wrong and this is not about us or anyone else by my daughter and the love symbol of James my bonded mate and we will appreciate if you don't say anything in this matter because you don't have any right," Sirius said.

"Black, here the matter that utmost important is whether Selene should not take part in this tournament not about you people and Albus I will appreciate if you don't touch Selene, if not you will face the wrath of Blacks, Malfoys and Potter because you know last time what happened to Lockhart," Severus said stopping the argument before it can escalate knowing how faithful Minerva is to Albus and he can also sense fear and nervousness in Selene.