30

The quietness of the 18th floor making Soyeon wonder if no one is around at that hour. When she reaches Jungkook's office, the door of his office is opened and Chaeyoung is seen coming out of there. The two smile to each other with Chaeyoung slightly bowing down to the CEO.

"Is Jungkook inside, Chaeyoung-ssi?", Soyeon asks.

Chaeyoung nods before giving way for her to come in.

"You two were in a discussion, is it?", Soyeon asks even though Chaeyoung has opened the door wider for her to go inside.

"Yes but it's ended already. I'm going to have my lunch now, CEO Jeon.", Chaeyoung tells her.

"Oh...that's why it's too quiet now. Everyone is out for lunch. Okay, you may go. I'm going to see my son for a while.", Soyeon says as she walks inside the managing director's office.

Once the door is closed, Chaeyoung stares at it for a second before leaving her place.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jungkook was arranging some files in the cabinet when Soyeon enters his office. "My son is so busy, isn't he?", her voice surprises Jungkook as he turns around to see her standing near the sofa. "Oh, eomma. What are you doing here?", he asks as he walks to her.

"Just want to see how is my son doing.", Soyeon says as she smiles at him.

"Well, as you can see...I'm quite busy.", Jungkook says while giving a smile back at her.

"All of the staff has gone for lunch. When are you going to have lunch, Jungkook?", she asks as she sits on the sofa.

Jungkook sits across her and looks at his watch. "I just asked Chaeyoung to buy for me at the cafe. I'll eat here only.", he says.

"Oh, she's buying your lunch?", Soyeon asks again even though Jungkook just told her about it.

"Yeah, I can't go out today. Need to do a lot of things before the conference in Sydney. Plus, yesterday I had an interview so some of my work is delayed.", Jungkook explains to her.

"Right. The conference in Sydney. When are you going there, Jungkook?", she asks as she remembers that their company is involved in the international conference in Australia this year.

"Two days from now and I'll be back on next Monday. Then, I have the team building with the staff and..."

Soyeon puts up her hand to stop Jungkook. "Team building? You're going to join the team building?", Soyeon asks him and he nods. "That activity is just for the staff, Jungkook-ah. You don't have to join it.", she tells him.

"I want to join it. But, maybe just a day or two. The activities they listed look fun, I want to see it myself.", he says with a smile.

"Okay, if that's what you say. Anyway, Jungkook...can I ask you something about...your PA?", Soyeon asks him as that is the actual reason why she is seeing him that day.

Jungkook nods without thinking of anything suspicious of the question. "She seems like a smart woman. When did you do an interview for her position? I didn't know about it.", she says and Jungkook nods to it.

"I didn't get to tell you because it was quite sudden actually. But, don't worry. Jieun from our HR department have made sure she is the best candidate to be my PA. I have been watching her too these three weeks. She's good, eomma.", Jungkook says while his eyes focusing on his phone.

"Okay, I hope she's really good because I've seen her resume. She doesn't have experience in being a PA before this. Hopefully Jieun doesn't make a wrong decision about her.", Soyeon says making Jungkook raises his eyebrows.

"You saw her resume, eomma?", he asks.

Soyeon nods and says, "I'm just curious about her. I hope she's not having any bad intentions here."

"Oh, eomma. She's a good employee. Just trust me, okay?", Jungkook says, backing Chaeyoung up.

"Okay, Jungkook. I want to go get my lunch. I'll see you at home later? Or you're going back to your condo today?", she asks as she stands up.

Jungkook tells her that he will be back to their family mansion today since he misses her. Then, Soyeon hits him at his shoulder saying that he does not miss her but he misses Taehyung instead. Jungkook chuckles at her accusation about him missing his best friend before he leads her to the door.

♡♡♡♡♡

Thirtieth chapter ✔

Reaching for Love (COMPLETED)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें