43

Chaeyoung carefully brings the tray of coffee cup out of the pantry to Jungkook's office. When she reaches in front of it, she sees Miyeon standing near her place while looking down not realizing her there.

"Miyeon-ssi?", she calls.

Miyeon turns around and looks up to her with a worried face.

"Oh, annyeong, Park Chaeyoung-ssi.", she replies while awkwardly waving her hand to Chaeyoung.

"Are you here to see the director?", Chaeyoung asks.

Miyeon slowly nods before Chaeyoung says that Jungkook is in. When she says that she will go in first to give him coffee and inform him about her, she stops Chaeyoung for a while. Chaeyoung looks at her and assures her that she will be fine before Miyeon could even ask for her help. She knows Miyeon is a bit worried to meet Jungkook so she tells her to calm down first.

Then, she enters Jungkook's office and walks to his desk to put the coffee cup. "Umm, Jungkook-ssi. Cho Miyeon is here to see you.", Chaeyoung says to him. He nods and tells her to tell Miyeon to come in.

"Okay but...can you...promise me something first?", she asks.

Jungkook looks at her and says, "If you want me to promise you to not scold her, I'm sorry. I think I cannot do that."

"Jungkook-ssi, come on.", she pleads.

"You already made me stop that day and I had to hold my anger till today. So, no. Don't stop me this time.", he sticks to his decision.

Chaeyoung still wants to plead to him but he closes his ears with his hands. Then, he mouthed at her to go call Miyeon in. Looking at how childish he reacts, she stomps her feet in annoyance before turning around to go to the door.

She calls Miyeon in but the latter does not move an inch.

"Chaeyoung-ssi, I'm so sorry. I didn't know it will be like that. I was just playing around, I'm so..."

Chaeyoung shushes her from saying anything more. "It's okay. I know you don't mean it. I forgive you, okay?", she talks to Miyeon to calm her.

"Is he going to fire me? I'm scared.", Miyeon asks as her voice starts to tremble.

Chaeyoung tells her that he will not do as she thought and holds her hand before leading her into Jungkook's office. Jungkook looks at Miyeon with his sharp and serious gaze. He tells her to sit with his serious tone.

Miyeon does as told quietly. Chaeyoung who stands close to her feels a bit intimidated too by his sudden tone change. After Miyeon sits, Jungkook stands up and tells Chaeyoung that she can leave. However, she replies 'no' and stays.

Jungkook turns to face her and asks her what she just said. "I'm not leaving you two alone. This matter related to me too so I'm going to be here and listen to every bit you will say to Miyeon-ssi. I have the right to do so.", Chaeyoung bravely replied as their eyes meet each other with intense look.

Jungkook blinks at her feeling a bit surprised of her sudden bravery to talk to him like that. Then, he remembers how she acted on last Friday when he sent her home from the team building. She has the same look from that day when he came into her room to give her the bottle.

"Fine, you may sit too and listen.", he gives in and lets her stay.

After Chaeyoung sits next to Miyeon who stays silent since she got in the office, Jungkook goes to his chair but he keeps standing in front of them. He looks at Miyeon before asking her what she did to Chaeyoung last Thursday.

"I...I...put a note behind her back.", Miyeon stutters to finish the sentence.

"Yeah, you put a note with her name and a price. I don't even know how you can put a price on people. Why did you do that, Miyeon-ssi?", Jungkook asks, he sounds scary. Chaeyoung could not lie to that since she has had all the scolds from him when she first came to the company. She just have not seen it for quite a while.