71

Never in his life he will have to look for the person he loves like this. It has been three days he stays in Busan with Soyeon but they still have no clue about Chaeyoung. They went to various places around her old schools but no one knows her nor where she lives at.

"Excuse me, I'm sorry. Can I ask you if you've seen this girl around?", the frequent question Soyeon asks to the people she met.

"I'm sorry, ahjussi. Do you know this girl? She used to study at the school there.", Jungkook asks one of the people at the stall near Chaeyoung's high school.

He takes off his black beanie and brushes his hair roughly feeling mad with himself.

"Why can't I find you, Chaeyoung?", he asks himself as he puts the beanie back on top of his head.

He walks into a convenience store to ask the cashier the same question he has been asking others the whole day. There is only one customer inside there as Jungkook sees from outside so he knows he will not be disturbing much.

"Hi, umm...I'm sorry. Can I ask you something?", he says as he goes straight to the counter.

"Hi and no, you can't ask me anything if you don't buy something from here.", the cashier replied harshly to him.

The response makes Jungkook retreats from asking and he gulps as he looks for something to buy there. Then, an idea comes to his mind. Maybe he can just go and ask the customer who is looking for a drink instead. So, he walks to the man wearing Gucci sweater and Balenciaga glasses while wondering the taste of the man in fashion.

"Uh, excuse me. I'm sorry.", he starts to speak to the man whose face is barely seen as his hoodie covers it.

The man does not react to him so he pats him on the shoulder twice to get his attention.

"Yes?", the man finally replies. "I'm sorry I didn't hear you...", he says as he takes out his earphones before he realizes Jungkook. "No shit...", he turns around and runs away in a sudden making Jungkook baffled at his reaction.

Because of that, Jungkook chases the man as the cashier watches him. "Yah, what are you doing?! You chased my customer, aish!!", the cashier whines angrily as he sees what is happening.

Jungkook runs to catch the man and finally got to grab him by his hoodie making him pulled back from running.

"No no no, not my Gucci. Don't pull it, Jungkook.", the man says his name making him turns around to see the face.

"Jimin hyung.", Jungkook says.

♡♡♡♡♡

Soyeon looks at the two men who have been waiting for her to arrive. She sits next to Jungkook wondering who the young man in front of her is. She never meets Genius J without him wearing a black mask and black hoodie so she does not recognize him now.

"Eomma, this is Park Jimin who's also known as Genius J.", Jungkook tells her.

"Genius J?", she asks as she points at Jimin.

The handsome young man smiles awkwardly while waving his hand at Soyeon.

"He's also my friend, eomma and I'm sure he knows Chaeyoung well too.", Jungkook says as he keeps his gaze on Jimin.

"Look, Jungkook, Mrs Jeon. I'm sorry for what I did but I've given you back your money. Please don't be mad at me.", Jimin tells them as he joins his hand in apologizing gesture.

Both Jungkook and Soyeon look at each other but Jungkook's eyes are much scarier to look at. He stands up and walks to Jimin's side before putting him in a headlock surprising the elder as he pleads to be freed.

"You bring us to her house. Only then, I will forgive you, hyung.", Jungkook whispers and Jimin nods to it.

"I'll do it. Let me go first!", Jimin shouts before Jungkook moves his hands away from him. "She told me not to help you but...she didn't pay me so okay, I will take you to her house.", he says as he stands up taking out his car key and pays for the drinks at the counter.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jimin points to the house up on the hill as he stops at the roadside. He rolls down his window to speak with Jungkook.

"That's her house, Jungkook.", he says.

Jungkook looks up ahead and nods, "Thank you, hyung. But...before you go, can I ask you something?"

"What's your relationship with Chaeyoung?", he asks.

Jimin smiles before answering, "Is that important to you?"

"Yes and let me get this straight to you, hyung. I love Chaeyoung...a lot. So, I don't want anybody else to come between us.", Jungkook bravely states it.

Jimin chuckles at him, "Yeah, you can have her. I will not disturb you guys whatever the issue is between you two. I'm just her best friend. Maybe she'll say I'm more like a brother, I don't know. I just betrayed her, maybe she'll hate me. So don't worry much, Kook."

Jungkook smiles back before thanking him again. Then, he continues to drive until he reaches the wooden gate that blocks his view of the inner side of the house. Both him and Soyeon get out of the car before walking up to the gate.

Jungkook lets out a long, deep relief as he gets ready to knock on the wooden door of the gate. Soyeon holds his hand to give him some courage. She knows he is nervous inside. She feels the same.

After gathering all his strength to face whoever that will greet him from the other side, he knocks twice on the wooden door. They wait for a while but no one comes to greet them. Jungkook gives another knock while saying 'hello' with hope that someone will open the door.

"I'm coming. Wait.", a male voice replies.

The sound of the door being opened can be heard and Jungkook gets himself ready to face the man from the house. Right after the door is wide opened, he looks up to the man who is in his mid forties looking back at him with no words coming out from his mouth. The man look at Jungkook and his mother one by one before he closes the door back.

"I'm sorry I don't know any of you..."

"Park Haejin-ssi?", Soyeon calls his name stopping him halfway. She eyes Jungkook and nods as if he asked her if the man is his real father. Because of that, he holds the door from being closed but Haejin keeps pushing it back.

"A..abeoji...it's me...your son.", Jungkook says in a stutter. "I come here from Seoul to see you. Don't you want to see me?", he finishes his words stopping Haejin from pushing the door on him.

Haejin opens the door back and looks at Jungkook quietly.

"You shouldn't come here.", he says before Jungkook steps in and hugs him ignoring what he just said.

♡♡♡♡♡

Seventy first chapter ✔

Have you cried enough? 😬