Brian May - Cold Hands

Request for ravenclaw0312
Thank you for supporting my work and I hope this cures some quarantine boredom!

Pls go check out their work:)

-

You and Brian were friends. But you weren't. It was strange, you weren't a couple but you had something a bit more than friendship. Everyone could see it. Everyone but Brian. It was like a relationship without the relationship part. The whole thing was very hard to explain but it was agreeable to you that if Brian didn't feel the same way you did, that was okay. You could go through life being as close as you were. The matter just wouldn't get addressed.

You were seeing the rising rockstar that night actually. Usually he'd come over in the evening and you'd watch TV.

But today Brian was telling you about a new idea he had.

"Just trust me okay, you'll love it." Of course you were all ears when he announced a new idea but leaving the house just seemed like the worst thing to do right now after a long day at work.

The two of you got into the car and let Fleetwood Mac fill the silence. You didn't recognise the route Brian was taking at all but he seemed to know exactly where he was going. When he started driving through country fields and off roads, your curiosity was peaked even more but you already knew that Brian had no intention of telling you where you were going just yet. You supposed you could try and get it out of him.

"So are you kidnapping me?"

"Yep."

"Knew it," And then you went back to the quiet. The car was cold and didn't seem to be warming up one bit. After a brief silence, Brian pulled up in the middle of no where and took his keys out of the ignition, making you look at him. "Oh scratch that, you're murdering me."

"Ever the optimist, (Y/N)," He copied you and opened the car door. The chilly air hit you slightly, though the coldness of the car wasn't all that better so you adapted quickly. You had too much curiosity to worry about how cold you were, that's what jackets were meant for. "Come on" Brian offered you his hand as the two of you walked around the car to stand in-front of it, he brings a bag with him, big enough to make you wonder what he's brought along.

You take his warm hand and start walking up a steep, grassy hill.

"Christ, why are you always cold?" He places his other hand over the one he's holding, covering your smaller hand completely as you continue to walk. You laugh lightly at the truth in his comment as your blood did seem to run cold. It wasn't the first time Brian had laughed at your constantly cold hands, they made for a lot of corpse jokes.

"So have we abandoned our movie night tradition to walk through a field like livestock? And what's in the bag?" Your tone is jokingly cynical.

"You're so impatient," Brian scolds. "I promise the view is worth it, just trust me."

Of course, you grumble but still let him guide you to the top of the hill. As you near the top your legs are tired and your pace has slowed significantly.

"Okay not to be impatient but this is killing me," You sigh dramatically, you certainly weren't in any shape to climb a steep hill. Brian gives you a look over his shoulder. "Oh don't look at me like that, you chose to be friends with me and you know what I am. Impatient and relentless." That would explain all the complaining.

Brian clearly decides this is the right spot and retrieves a large dull blanket from the bag he's been carrying, laying it on the grassy hill. He kneels down on it and you decide to copy him as your poor legs are aching. The relief of not having to walk anymore is your first priority right now, taking the weight off your legs is the best feeling. Walking up hill is never fun but walking up hill whilst trying to keep up will someone almost twice your size, was another.