Ch. 8 New Perspectives Part 1

3212 words!!

Shoto’s POV

I woke up earlier than normal and stretched, popping my neck. “I might have time for extra training… Or maybe a bath instead of a shower..” I yawned, sitting on my bed, trying to figure what to do. “Aha!” I dropped my fist onto my hand, and stood up, making my way to my connected bathroom.

I hummed, starting the shower water and stripped off the clothes I forgot last night. While awaiting the water to warm up I absentmindedly traced my right arm. “Stupid…” I muttered under my breath, stepping under the lukewarm water. Lathering the shampoo in my hands before washing my hair with the foamy substance, I thought about what I could do for Momo for day one with a clear, level head. Maybe some flowers? Rinsing it out I sighed and carried on, no matter how clear headed I was, or what problems I sorted out, I just couldn’t find it in me to actually smile. You will when you see her. I nodded, washing off my body, looking over the scars from years of brutal training. How was this the only one that hurt so much? I scoffed, putting my hand over my eye, before shutting off the water and stepped out to dry off. Putting on my school outfit for the day I brushed my hand through my hair and walked out of my room.

“Oh Shoto! I was going to come make sure you were up. Did you have any problems sleeping?” I gave Fuyumi an awkward smile as I shook my head.

“No, I slept pretty well last night. So I’m going to walk to school today.” She nodded some.

“Do I need to get breakfast made?” I gulped, not wanting to just ditch her.

“Uh sure sis.” She smiled happily and hugged me. As she ran off I sighed and stepped back into my room for a small notepad to put in my pocket, along with a pen. Making my way back out of the room, I headed downstairs where Fuyumi was helping the maids cook. I sat down and watched them, zoning out as the night played out in my mind.

“Shoto? Shoto!” I blinked, staring at Fuyumi standing by me, her head craned in front of me. “You haven’t been yourself. Tell me what’s wrong.” I opened my mouth and looked around, closing it promptly. “Father’s not here… So you can’t make him mad.” She whispered, sitting by me. I rubbed my arm nervously as the maid set our food down.

“I… met my soulmate.” I finally caved, telling her. Her excited gleam scared me so I frantically tried to persuade her to stop. “I met her like 3 weeks ago! But, we didn’t really talk.. Our meeting was kind of alarming. Last night though we confirmed the whole thing and she’s agreed to stop avoiding me.”

“That’s great! Why not have her over?” I shook my head.

“She hates father, and I’m still with Momo, that’d be wrong in a way…” I watched Fuyumi shove a bite in her mouth as she debated my statement, reminding me of my personal morning goals. I ate while letting her think it over.

“Not really. You guys aren’t doing anything. And I don’t see how she could hate dad… She doesn’t know him.” She tilted her head, causing me to let out a deep sigh.

“She’s my soulmate? Feel each other's pain?” I pointed to my eye and motioned to my body with its light scars, she moved away uncomfortably.

“Okay, you got that, now what about Momo?” I puffed out my cheeks, putting a bite in my mouth, avoiding the topic. Her expectant look stopped me from putting another bite in my mouth and I dropped my chopsticks back down.

“Okay, look. I don’t have a good reason. I just feel like I’d be cheating going off and bringing her home.” She rolled her eyes and huffed.

“Alright. I’ll stop. Can I know her name? Is she pretty?” I narrowed my eyes, already taking another bite. Is she pretty? What the hell?