Ch. 12 It Started With A Call

3548 words! So to start you off, there is slightly suggestive themes in here! They start and end at the 🔥❄ emojis. So if you want to skip you can! Thank you!
Now, guys I apologize I'll need to take another break, and I might not even be able to read on wattpad for a while either(which will kill me). My mom ended the internet early here and while trying to get my brother a phone card set up(the cheap one with only 3 GB of data) some bullshit happened and, I ended up with that crap. Plus typing up full chapters on a phone takes me ages so either way I was screwed till I found out I might not even have enough data to type period. So you will have to give me time. I'm so sorry! I'm trying, I really am.
~Lisa

Shoto's POV

Looping around the track again, upset that they wanted us running-without quirks- for warm up and training, I growled a prominent scowl on my lips. My lungs burned some from the lack of air as I made it my goal to stay ahead of everyone. I peeked from the corner of my eye to see Bakugo closing in through the flying locks of white that topped the right of my body. Taking in a quick breath of air to fulfill the lack of it, I kicked off the ground at the corner, gaining a bit of speed, yet losing all the air in a matter of seconds. I stumbled as ringing came from my pocket. Quickly halting my movements as gracefully as I could, I grabbed out the device warning a glare from Aizawa as I peeked at the name. (Y/n)? What does she need? I quickly answered the phone, holding it up to my ear, still doubled over gaining air as my body craved it.

“Uhhhh….” Her small voice trailed through the phone and I weakly made my way off the track. “Did I...interrupt you?” I couldn't stop my body from stiffening at how scared she sounded. My heart pounded and my breathing was slowly coming back in small intervals.

“N..No…” I breathed out. “I’m in class warm up right now.” But what's wrong?

“I’m sorry! I’m just…” Her voice faded at the end and her scared voice had morphed to one of worry. Even though she did, my body, now full of air, craved more of her voice, hopefully less concerned.

“Are you okay?” I asked, grabbing my bottle and taking a drink to help, All Might raised his brow as he stepped closer and I shook my head putting up a finger dangerously.

“No! I’m worried though…. Shoto what’s happening?” She asked the question again. I hadn't spoken much since she did yesterday. My throat tightened as I looked at the crescent shapes in my arm. Please stop… I don't know what you'd do if you knew...

“...(Y/n). I’m fine.” I tried to hold out on emotion other than force, but knew it failed as she quieted for a second.

“O-okay….” She moved around and I sighed.

"Todoroki! Hurry up!" Aizawa yelled as All Might gave me a concerned look. Didn't I tell them I wanted to refrain from training until (Y/n) was back anyway? I quickly covered the mic on my phone moving it from my face.

“One minute please!” I yelled back in response before removing my hand from the device. “(Y/n) why are you even awake? Are you that worried?” My brows furrowed as I figured she was feeling terrible. My eyes moved towards the ceiling and I tried to remember the lullaby Fuyumi had sung me a few times when I was younger.

“..Ye-” I had already known her answer by the time she came around to answering and decided to just attempt to hum what I could remember. It sounded awful but her calm breathing came through the phone encouraging me. After a bit, her snores filled the air and I smiled, carrying on anyway. Just to make sure she's okay…  A louder snore almost made me falter in confusion.