Ch. 11 Decisions Made Without Approval

3064 words!!
This picks up in Shotos POV from ch 9!

Shoto’s POV

I layed in my bed, topless, sighing as I ran my hand through my wet hair. I yawned some, exhausted from the training I endured after getting back from the library. Fucking father.. I grit my teeth in annoyance as I rolled over peering at my alarm clock. “I might as well get a shirt on, dinner will most likely be done soon..” I scoffed to myself, not looking forward to a meal in the presence of my father. Sitting up I’m immediately frozen as my ringtone filled my room. I scrambled over to the small object, gazing at the caller's name a moment. She actually called me? I grinned a bit while answering. “Hello.” I whispered.

“Morning Shoto..” She grumbled a bit before clearing her throat. “I mean, night.. Heh.” She chuckled awkwardly causing me to tap my finger on my desk.

“Y-yeah, good morning to you (Y/n). I didn’t think you’d really call..” Hearing a prominent scoff, I frowned.

“Of course I’d call, I was afraid I’d be too late. But how was your day?” Her slurring words had finally cleared up and I sat down, tracing my finger on my desk.

“It was okay…” There was silence and I bit my lip. She must be ignoring me..

“And?” My face reddened as her voice gave a slightly harsh indication to tell her more.

“Oh! Uh, well we had endless training this morning instead of core classes. I..I’m sorry about that by the way..” I whispered. Light laughter filled my ears pleasantly and I relaxed.

“Don’t be sorry, it was the school's fault.” I rubbed my neck.

“It was more of Momo’s fault…” I sighed, growling, my anger serging with the thought. “I said some pretty mean things to her…”

“Hey...hey.. How was it her fault? And what did you say?” Closing my eyes I struggled to tell her.

“Well, she was my partner and it felt like I was the only one fighting. I actually was. She was making a light for Tokoyami but it was taking so much longer than normal… I was fighting two of my classmates at once. I’ve fought my dad and some of his friends and came out on top, how the hell I couldn’t fight them was beyond me.. And I told her a shapeshifter could have been more help than she was. And I thought my day would have been well…” Hearing some heavy breathing come through the phone once silent scared me.

“So you were paired up with someone who wouldn’t fight? I’m so sorry she’s too stupid to fucking help you.” (Y/n) voice was cold as she growled angrily.

“B-but!!! After solo training I felt better! And.. yeah.. Then Hatsume and Iida invited me to go to the library with them after school. Oh, she brought books to your house? So you might want to get them… Then I came home and… Sperm donor was here and he had me train…. Then you called.” It went dead silent and I coughed softly.

“Iida and Hatsume?? God, she actually listened to me! I bet they're adorable. And thank you, mom just left to get mail, so I’ll get them, thanks.” Her light squeal of happiness brought a warm feeling that I still hadn’t been used to. “Though, I’m sorry you’re having a bad day.. That’s why I was waiting for you to say more. It was kinda clear by your voice that it wasn’t okay… I can’t believe he can’t just let you go home and relax. Aspiring hero or not, you’re still human.” I looked down at my desk, her words which had changed from excited to worried had hit a soft spot in my heart. Human…

“Not to him.” I couldn’t hold back the cold retort. “He’d never see me as anything but a tool.. An experiment.”

“And he’s stupid. You’re something much more. Even the scum of the earth is human, not that I think he is though.” She gave a small laugh, causing me to mirror the action.