Ch. 23 Protection.

3707 words!
Okay y'all! So WE HAVE A WINNER! With an amazing 4 votes, my next piece will be Shoto x Quirkless Reader! Thank you all for reading this and voting as well! Those of you asking. This is NOT the ending. Love you all.

(Y/n)’s POV

I twirled the pen in my hand, trying to figure out what to do. My phone sat on my desk by me, vibrating out the ass and it took all my willpower to not throw it. I picked it up and turned it to mute, scanning through Hatsume’s texts telling me to stop being a ‘bitch’ and to ‘talk to Shoto about it’. I sighed and put the phone back down, jumping in my seat at the loud knock. Exasperating a sigh I stood up and stormed to the door. “Hatsume I swear to fucking god-” Swinging the door open, my posture stiffened and I glared at the male who stood outside my room.

“I’m sorry… What I was doing was wrong…” He looked to the side and I stared at him blankly. “Uhh.. Please forgive me, everything I said was a lie, and.. What else?” A huge hand came out and hit him upside the head.

“Moron!” He was grabbed and drug away from the doorway and I stepped out to watch a redhead pull him to the elevator. "Next stop is the principal! And if you don't feel sorry then don't say anything!"

"But I'm more sorry about the other kid!" I narrowed my eyes and stepped into my room, shutting my door. What the fuck was that about? So if.. -but it has to be true.. I tossed myself onto my bed and looked through the pictures of Shoto I had. It made me happy to have his attention, to be the one who helped… and he never had Momo help him… So why can't I just believe that he wasn't using me?

~skipo~

I shuffled into the classroom, sighing as I hadn't seen Shoto at breakfast. Texting is so overrated and not for this topic. I rolled my eyes and sat down in my seat. Hatsume stalked over to me and sat down. "I don't care if you do-" I cut her off with a sigh.

"Moron said he was just saying that to get under my skin.. Where was Shoto this morning?" She answered with a heavy sigh and a shake of her head.

"He… He went home." My eyebrows furrowed. No that- I wasn't with him… My eyes widened and I took a few deep breaths. "After talking to you in class I went to go find Shoto, apparently Iida found him first. Then…" She stopped looking at me and turned her gaze to her hands. "We brought up tea because Shoto had just been sitting outside in the falling snow.. He was yanking at his hair and sobbing." Her eyes watered and I peeked around to make sure no one else was listening to us. "I tried calling you! Four fucking times! I watched your soulmate crumble to dust, and you wouldn't even answer your phone! He wants you, he really needs your help!" She cried, her voice raising. I stared at her unable to utter a word.

"I..I just wanted a day or two to.." She grabbed my shoulders.

"To make sure he genuinely wanted your attention. But you ignoring him, it hurt him so fucking much. Just text him. Tell him you care." I bit my lip and nodded.

"I want to, but wouldn't it make it worse since he's at home to move past that?" Hatsume's face twisted and she sighed.

"Fine, be stubborn. But you'll regret it."

Those words bounced around my head all day for the next three days. And I stared at my phone, looking at my hello messages. "He asked about you last night, said you're not talking to him still." BUT I AMMMMM!!!!

[(Y/n): Shoto? I'm sorry that I wasn't there and I know I should have been a better friend. I hope you get better.

(Y/n): Shoto what's going on? Why aren't you responding? Hatsu said you asked about me but you're not talking to me.