Ch.24 Fucking Finally Karma

1946 words! So I have been trying to procrastinate the uploading to get at least one chapter written on Quirks Are Overrated, but fuck it!

(Y/n)'s POV

I sighed happily as I snuggled into my seat between Ochako and Shoto. It was good to have Shoto back at school, it was good to know no police were trying to find either of us and it was absolutely amazing to know Shoto was recovering, albeit slowly, he was. I looked over, him wearing a turtleneck, most likely to hide the healing wounds, and concealer covered his wrists, rubbing off onto his school jacket. I listened to him slurp on his noodles while Hatsume was typing furiously on her phone. My notifications informed me I was the person of interest. I pulled it out and what lied upon my screen was indeed a text from her, and before I even unlocked my phone I knew what she wanted.

[Hatsu: He's here! Okay, so can I ask about that night now?]

I could practically hear her whine, so I looked up at her, rolling my eyes.

[(Y/n): If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times; If he wants you to know HE'LL tell you. Besides, it really. Really wouldn't be wise with the company we have.]

My eyes flicked to Momo and Hatsume, as the fast reader she is, ended up following my gaze and her eyes widened.

[Hatsu: Ohh my god! Did you sleep with him?!]

I had made the mistake to put a bite into my mouth before reading the text, my eyes widening as my face became dark red. Coughing on the food, Shoto's hand was instantly on my back in worry, him reaching his other into his bag. "I'm fine! I'm fine!" I coughed out, patting his chest.

"Are you sure?" Shoto handed me the bottle disregarding my protest. I nodded and shot a glare at Hatsume. He has gotten a bit more depending on me, but that's to be expected. I sighed and he finally removed his hand off my back.

"Hatsume, no." I warned. She giggled and ate on her food with a smug grin on her face.

"I think yes~" She cooed, we gained the confused look of our peers and before I could explain I bit my tongue, quite literally, as Momo pulled our attention her way.

"You two have gotten quite close." She sneered, placing her elbow on the table and gently resting her chin on her palm. "I thought so much better of you Sh-" She was cut off abruptly by the person I very least expected; Shoto standing up.

"W-we're over! I can't do this!" His posture shook, voice wavering as he stared the ravenette down. The cafeteria grew silent as even older student's peered over to see what was going on.

"We're over? That's rich coming from you! You never give me attention! You always gave it to this whore!" She swiftly pointed to me and my eyes narrowed as I slowly stood next to Shoto.

"What th-" Shoto took a deep breath and put a hand on my shoulder, hindering my sentence. His face held regret, but anger bubbled up, mixing into it.

"Yes, I admit I spend a miraculous amount of time with her, but it's hard not to. She doesn't do anything to cause problems. You on the other hand... You never even held my hand or attempted to make me feel like I mattered. I'm not good with expressing myself, and I know that, but I at least made the attempt. (Y/n) stepped up when I kept telling myself it was just a phobia, and that was after you held my hand a few times. Told me to observe your behavior. And you hu-" He stopped, a loud slap echoed around the silenced room, gasps cutting through the air with it. My eyes widened as I felt the intensity of the hit on my own cheek, turning towards Shoto. He cradled his face and looked back at me. "I'm so sorry (Y/n)-" I didn't let him finish his sentence as I ripped the sprouting plants from my cheek, grabbed Momo by the tie and shoved the flowers down her throat.