[16] Elevator

"Wowwww!" you and Goshiki exclaimed in excitement once the hotel came into view – the place you would be staying at for the new few days during Inter High Nationals. It was a luxurious building and from the likes of it, definitely looked expensive too. You were amazed by how much money the school gave for the volleyball team.

"Now, quickly. We are going to put our stuff and then head to the gym for some warmups. We only have one match today. You better win it," Washijo sensei said, to which everyone replied with an enthusiastic, "Yes!"

As you took the elevator with the boys, you noticed that your room was the only one on a different floor, a floor higher than the rest of them. Ohira explained, "Coach Washijo doesn't trust us, basically."

You nodded acceptingly despite disagreeing with the statement.

You were beyond excited after entering your room. It was big, and there was a whole king-sized bed just for you. And of course the very first thing you did was plop yourself on it, testing its comfort, which did not disappoint. You got rather carried away, not noticing the time at all, and soon enough, you were pretty much already late for the meet up.

"Shit!" you exclaimed, immediately grabbing your things and stuffing them into your bag rather hastily, leaving the zip open as you rushed out of your room, running towards the elevator.

You noticed it almost closing, but right before, you screamed at the top of your lungs, "Wait! Stop the elevator!"

You managed to press the button and soon the doors opened, revealing one boy who looked about your age inside, holding the door for you. Gasping for air, you finally got in and said, "T-thank you."

"No problem, miss," the boy said with a flirtatious smile. You finally grab a moment to look at him. He had light-brown, almost blonde side swept hair and brown hooded eyes, an athletic build and a rather mischievous grin. He was really attractive.

Your phone suddenly rang, to which you picked up, horrified to see it was the captain calling you. "Where are you? We are leaving."

You gulped, "I'm in the elevator!"

"You are late."

"I'm on a higher floor! It's going to take longer to get down."

"You are only one floor higher."

"Ugh, shut up Ushijima-san."

At the sound of that name, you somehow managed to grab the attention of boy beside you. He grew curious as to who you were, and intended on asking.

"Hurry up," Ushijima said.

"I-I'm sorry, I-I'm losing- there's no- line- I-" you faked having a poor connection before hanging up.

The boy beside you chuckled slightly at your actions. "You're quite the troublemaker, aren't ya?"

You could pick up a thick accent from the way he spoke. You retorted, "No, I'm not. I just happen to have a bad sense of timing."

He asked, "So, you're Shiratorizawa's manager or something?"

Your eyes widened. "How did you-"

"Everyone in this competition knows Ushijima-san. I would assume you must be either his girlfriend or manager, but judging by the conversation, the latter seems more likely."

"Oh, um, yes. So, you're here for volleyball too?"

He nodded. "I'm pretty good. You should come watch me."

You felt rather awkward by his words. He was flirting nonchalantly, as if it were second nature for him. You asked, "What school do you go to?"

"Oh, so you do intend to watch me play?" he asked, raising a brow.

"No!" you exclaimed, "I-I'm just curious, is all."

He chuckled, "Inarizaki High, from the Hyogo prefecture."

You felt the name sounded rather familiar, although you didn't have much time to research the teams for Nationals, especially since there were over 70 teams after all. Soon, a bell sound signaled the arrival on the ground floor, where you intended to start running again.

"Well, good luck to your team," you said, preparing to run.

"You too. We'll see ya at quarters," he replied, which made you slightly uneasy.

As soon as the door opened you ran out immediately, not at all realizing that you had dropped your most important notebook behind. You were only focused on chasing your team, who began attacking you for your tardiness as soon as you arrived.

The boy from the elevator noticed however, and picked up the book looking through it with a smile. "(L/n)(y/n), now why does that name sound so familiar?" he thought to himself, reading your name from the front cover.

He was happy though. This only gave him a reason to talk to you again.

_______________________________

a/n

inter high nationals arc coming thru!!!

i'm just excited because we get to meet all these wonderful people like pretty boy miya atsumu

goddamn tsumu you make my heart race

also, this is a bit shorter than usual bc my other chapters are already long and for the sake of *effect*, gotta cut it here

but yeaa, enjoy!

ALSO I JUST RELEASED A FEW CHAPTERS OF MY IWA-CHAN BOOK SO YALL CAN CHECK IT OUT IF YOU WANT NO PRESSURE BUT PLS DO HDJFKFK

much love,
indie