[BONUS] Epilogue

** minor spoilers, but tbh if you know who plays for Schweiden Adlers and the MSBY Black Jackals, you can pretty much read this chapter.

No mentions of the match at all, and if possible, just to prevent us from spoiling to the readers who haven't finished the manga, please refrain from commenting any spoilers!

[6 years later]

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Groaning awake as the sound of the alarm blasted through your ears, your eyes barely squinted as you turned off the loud noise. It was enough reminder that you had to wake up but your sheets smelled like petals and the warmth it radiated was so addictive, you didn't want to ever leave your bed.

"(Y/n)," a soft, deep voice called and with a smile you turned to face the man that called you.

He was way more than past awake, already showered and ready to head out. Looking up, you groaned slightly as you saw his face. It had been 6 years and you were still extremely attracted to him.

"Have you just been watching me sleep?" you asked groggily, stretching your limbs.

Ushijima gave a soft smile, a light red tainting his cheeks as he felt somewhat embarrassed to get caught, despite being yours for several years now.

"You look beautiful when you sleep," he spoke truthfully.

His words were simple, and had your heart fluttering even more than usual, but you retorted, "That's creepy."

"You're annoying," he remarked.

You chuckled, "And yet I'm still your girlfriend."

"Fiancé," he corrected, and that was when your eyes shot open just briefly.

You looked again at your hand to confirm it, and sure enough the diamond ring on your finger was evidence it wasn't a dream – he really had asked you to marry him, and you finally gave him the answer he had been waiting for – a yes, followed by 'what the hell took you so long, idiot? I said 5 years!'

"I have to go now."

You nodded, "I know."

"You'll come and support me, right?" he asked.

You chuckled. "Of course. Now go, I'll see you there."

He nodded, abiding your statement, but just before he left, he placed a gentle kiss on your forehead, providing warmth like no other. You almost wished he wouldn't have to go so soon.

Soon enough, he headed through the door and the sheets covered you in deep slumber yet again. Though, not for long.

"(Y/N)!" the loud shout from your door jolted you completely awake. Your father had stormed inside your room, blowing on an airhorn to wake you as he shouted, "Get the hell up! What are you doing? My future son-in-law is about to play a match and you're here sleeping?"

When your eyes fell on your father, there was no surprise he was there in his signed Schweiden Adlers jersey, banners and airhorns at the ready for their game against the MSBY Black Jackals in the Sendai City Gymnasium that day; that's what you get for staying over at your father's house instead of getting your own hotel room. But when your father practically pleaded for you and Ushijima to stay over, you had no choice but to accept his offer.

And of course, Ushijima reminded you that 'It's rude to turn down an invitation'.

"Jeez, dad! I'm up, okay?"

"Hurry up already! I still need to get Romero's signature, and it has to be today!" your father exclaimed almost panickedly.

You facepalmed at just how much of a fangirl he was. "I worry for your sanity sometimes."