[32] Fans

The second day matches ended pretty quickly too, and this time, you were determined to fit in watching Karasuno into your schedule. After all, you practically got scolded by your cousin, Noya the night before for leaving early.

"You better come visit me tomorrow! No exceptions!" he exclaimed on the other side of the line when he called you.

You argued, "It's not like I can control what time I go back! I'm just following the school bus."

"Well," he pondered for a solution, but to no avail. "Figure it out!"

You shook your head, "You're still so annoying sometimes."

"Oh come on, (y/n)! Last you watched me play was in middle school! I've gotten way cooler since then!"

You sighed, "Alright, Yu. I'll find the time, alright?"

And now, you had the time. The bus was due to leave in an hour or so, which meant you had more than enough time to watch the Karasuno match – and they were going against Seijoh at the time – so it was like killing two birds with one stone.

You didn't know which side to cheer for just yet, but you decided to take a peek first and figure it out after you watch it.

"Where are you going?" Ushijima asked you.

"I'm going to watch Karasuno's game. You wanna tag along?"

"No," he answered honestly. "I am going to rest."

You chuckled, "Go on then. You deserve it."

"I would prefer if you come and rest with me."

You shrugged, "Well, you can't always get what you want."

"You are irritating."

Just as you were about to scold him, you were stopped by the sound of a female voice, softly saying, "Excuse me."

You turned to find two girls in another school's uniforms; one holding her phone while the other fiddled her thumbs shyly. The both of them were eyeing Ushijima in a way that made you feel rather unsettled.

"Could we get a picture with you?" one of them asked Ushijima.

He blinked, uncertain what to make of the situation. "Why?" he asked.

The girl explained, "W-well, we saw you play and y-you, you were really cool."

You could feel yourself vomiting from within.

"I don't understand the correlation of that and a picture," Ushijima continued.

"Oh my god," you facepalmed. You weren't keen on Ushijima having fangirls, but you were more annoyed by how dense your boyfriend was.

The other girl turned to you and passed her phone, "Could you help us?"

You sighed but took the phone anyway. This was inevitable and you honestly didn't mind it much. Ushijima was handsome and an extremely good player – it made sense for him to have fans. You had to learn to just get used to it.

You took your stance before taking their picture, even counting down to get them prepared, but Ushijima didn't even smile – he was unsure why he was posing in a picture with two strangers. He just stood there awkwardly, unsure how to respond and you couldn't help but smile to yourself just a little.

He was dumb but highkey adorable.

"Here you are," you told them passing the phone to one of the girls who took it excitedly, examining the picture you took almost immediately.