14. Sex and Break Ups

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter!

Make sure you vote!!!

Chapter 14

Cassandra Campbell and Sebastian Livingston were no longer together.

Cassandra laid in bed, with tear-stained cheeks. Her throat felt dry from the long night of crying over Sebastian. Now, she stared at her wall, her mind was filled with him, her so-called Prince Charming. The way he used to kiss her, his hugs that would engulf her. or the laughter they shared on the ten-year-old couch in her living room.

She turned towards her nightstand; the maddening ringing of her alarm made her want to suffocate herself with her pillow. She didn't want to go to school. She didn't want to be surrounded by things that would remind her of Sebastian or be constantly stared at or labeled as the girl who was dumped.

Cassandra's door opened, her mother Michelle, looked at her daughter who already missed the bus for school. It was unlike Casandra to do this, "why aren't you up for school?"

"I'm sick," she murmured.

Michelle took a seat on Cassandra's bed. The mattress sunk in, ruining the comfortable position Cassandra settled on in her sad state. Michelle let out a deep sigh, "Sick?" Michelle placed the back of her hand on Casandra's forehead. It felt normal, not too hot as to make Michelle think her daughter was sick. "Doesn't feel like it."

"Trust me. I am," Cassandra urged her mother. Michelle could hear Cassandra's strained voice.

Michelle settled on Cassandra's bed; her breathing was uneasy with the news she had to tell her. "Do you have a minute to talk?"

She turned to face her mother, "I do."

Michelle let out a sigh and stared down at her daughter that was a spitting image of herself in her younger age. She closed her eyes and spoke, "Cassandra, I've been seeing someone." Cassandra's body stayed relaxed; it wasn't a shock to the young girl. She knew based on the months of giggling and groans that came from her mother's room, almost three times a week.

The two tend to go to dinner together either when Michelle worked the morning shift or on her day off. "Really? For how long?"

"Um, for six months now. His name is Walter and I think it's about time you two met."

Cassandra got up from her bed. This never happened before, Cassandra never met any of her mother's boyfriends since her father died. "Okay, when?"

Michelle smiled, " well tonight. It's the one day we both have off this week. I was going to pick you up after school, and we could all go out to dinner together. Me, you, Walter, and his daughter, " she added.

"Cool," she murmured. Cassandra laid back into her bed. She could care less about her mother's dating life; her mind was focused on her own.

"Wow, you don't seem...well, you don't seem like you care much. I was expecting a big thing."

"It's just that I have a lot on my mind, mom."

"A lot on your mind? What? Is it school-related?"

"No," she replied. "It's not about school. It's something else entirely." Michelle looked at her daughter wrapped in a cocoon in blankets. "And mom, I would prefer not to go to school today."

"Well, I would prefer to have a million dollars. Get dressed." Cassandra groaned and rose from her bed, her clothes from yesterday were still on. In the midst of sadness, Cassandra didn't bother taking her clothes off. She undressed out of her tear-stained garments and put on oversized hoodie and sweatpants. The soft fabric gave Cassandra the security she needed for the day.