41. Circuses and Anger

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter.

Make sure you vote!!!

Chapter 41

Cassandra stared out the window as Sebastian drove to the first day of school from winter break. Her mind was on what was told of her—the opportunity to get away from everyone ad the words they said about her behind her back. Leaving meant the whispers would stop, and the rumors would die. But at the cost of her relationship that she wasn't sure she could stand the distance.

The offer began to sound more and more appealing the closer she got to the school. Whore, slut, homewrecker. A girl who would open her legs up. Shunned from the society that is called the sophomores of Joan of Ark Highschool. The people she would have to face for the next two years.

"Hey, guess who is off of punishment?" Sebastian sang.

"You?" Cassandra muttered. She eyed his glove compartment but sucked in her breath. She was unable to smoke now, a command that she was now determined to follow.

"Yup, so I think we should go on a date. It's been a while since we went on one."

"I'm on my period," she responded.

"So?  It's not like we can't hang out because of your period. I miss you. With everything going on, it sucks only be able to hang out with you for an hour a day." She continued to stare out the window.

Her mood began to dampen the closer they got to the school. "Sure, I'm free after singing practice," she informed him. "I'll wait for you until you're done with basketball practice. You usually take longer than I do."

A smile crept onto his face. "You know, we have our first game pretty soon. How about you sit in the crowd and cheer me on? I can lend you my practice jersey that has my name on it."

Cassandra shrugged her shoulders. "Sure," she answered.

Sebastian's eyebrow furrowed when he heard her tone of voice. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just have a lot on my mind."

He looked over at Cassandra and back to the road. "Wanna talk about it?"

Cassandra began to open her mouth but quickly closed it. She had spoken about it a few times. All of which ended the same way. They will get over it.

But the thing was, it never happened.

"No, it's fine. I'll get over it." Sebastian drove into his signature parking spot. Cassandra sat in the car until Sebastian opened the door for her. A habit that Sebastian made sure to engrave in her mind.

"Want me to walk you to class?" They stood in the parking lot. Cassandra looked to the incoming crowds of people who made it their business to look at the two, whisper, and keep walking. They were a circus, a source of entertainment, and Cassandra hated the mere thought of it. Her being the butt of the joke.

"No, I'll see you at lunch." She kissed him quickly and fled to class.

Lunch came faster than she would have liked. She sat next to Sebastian. His arms stayed wrapped around his waist as he laughed with his friends. She felt the vibrations of his laughter around her body. They spoke of something she didn't care about or cared to remember for very long. She wished she cared enough about the people Sebastian threw her with.

The embarrassment of being abandoned would hurt less.

She looked over at the table she wished to be at. Smiles, banter that she once shared with people she once called friends. She could have an idle talk about television shows and movies. An occasional memory that could pop up that would be such funny milk would come out of Gabrielle's nose. Sebastian's grip was hard, taking her out of reminiscent state.