22. Phone Calls and Dates

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter.

Make sure you vote!!!

Chapter 22

Sebastian clenched his teeth when he heard of the news that Cassandra was going on a date with Phillip. She texted her friends which included Amy, Gabrielle, and Vicky.

Vicky texted him as soon as the message came to her. Sebastian usually glossed over her messages, he never responded to them after the stunt she pulled when she came over. Sebastian was determined to never speak to her again but after he was sitting in bed, self-loathing for kissing Danielle in front of Cassandra.

The message came through and he instantly took back his regret. He went into his shoebox and lit the joint. He needed to relax after finding out about Cassandra and her new love interest. The smoke-filled his lungs, he breathed out. It took longer for weed to bring him to that high

Phillip Fitzgerald, he was the same age as Sebastian and they had one class together freshman year. He never paid him much attention other than when he was presenting his science project to the class. He didn't know Phillip and he didn't know he knew Cassandra.

She never mentioned him or even saw Phillip close to her until their performance he watched on his phone. As far as Sebastian knew, he came out of nowhere. He was a nobody that took something from him. 

Sebastian didn't like the thought of Cassandra being with someone else. He leaned against his headboard and dialed the one person he shouldn't have.

Cassandra sat on her bed and brushed her hair. Her phone began to ring, without looking she answered the incoming FaceTime call.

Sebastian's eyes widen when the FaceTime call was answered. He wholeheartedly expected the call to be immediately declined. She didn't look down at the phone, "hello?" Sebastian stayed silent, he merely stared at her beauty as she brushed her hair. She didn't notice who was one the phone, only her close friends FaceTimed her.

"Hello?" She repeated. This time she looked down and saw the guy she wanted to see least in the world.

Sebastian.

She went silent, as he stared at her. Neither one of them opened their mouths. Sebastian, finally after a few moments of silence opened his mouth. "How a–"

The phone call ended before he could get his sentence out. He held his phone that had once been filled with her face and dropped it on the bed.

Cassandra stared at her phone. She didn't understand why Sebastian would call her at a time like this.

She bit her lip, and put down her brush. Her finger graced his name; she began to text him.

Why did you call me? - Cassandra

A ping came to his phone. The little smiley face emoji he saw every day for seven months, reappeared as if it never left. He gulped the spit and read over the message.

He had no response, he didn't know why he called. He just did, he wanted to see her.

It's to apologize - Sebastian

Cassandra watched the three dots on her phone, as Sebastian began to text her. Sebastian bit his lip and began to text. He didn't want to apologize for the lake, because he wasn't sorry. He didn't want Phillip and her to have a good time. He wanted to ruin it, he was more sorry about kissing Danielle in front of her but he would never say that. 

I'm sorry for ruining your ice cream - Sebastian

Cassandra stared at the message, her nose scrunched when she read over what he was apologizing for. She could care less about the ice cream, he mind since that day was flooded with the image of Sebastian kissing Danielle. She began to text him back. Her fingers graced a few words, most of which were curse words but she quickly stopped. She didn't want to continue the spew of hate towards Sebastian.