huit

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter eight ❛ 𝚗𝚘 𝚐𝚒𝚏𝚝, 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚎

chapter eight
❛ 𝚗𝚘 𝚐𝚒𝚏𝚝, 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚎. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

     ANNABETH LOADED THE two demigods and satyr into the back of an Las Vegas taxi. "Los Angeles, please." The blonde requested while the driver sized them up, his actions already beginning to irritate Amara. "That's three hundred mile, and for that, you got to pay up front."

"You accept casino debit cards?" Annabeth asked.

He shrugged. "Some of 'em. Same as credit cards. I got to swipe 'em through first."

The Chase girl handed him her green LotusCash card, he looked at it skeptically. "Swipe it." She invited and he did as he was told. The meter machine racked up to an infinity sign and the cabbie's cigar fell from his lips. "Where to in Los Angeles . . . uh, your majesty?"

"The Santa Monic Pier." Annabeth sat up a little straighter, causing Amara to cover her mouth with her hand to stop her snickering. "Get us there fast and you can keep the change."

During the drive, Percy told them about his dreams, but she could tell by his words the details got sketchier the more he tried to remember them. He couldn't recall what the invisible servant's voice had sounded like, though he said he was sure it was somebody he knew. The servant had called the monster in the pit something other than 'my lord' . . . some special name or title . . .

"The Silent One?" The electric eyed girl offered. "The Rich One? Both of those are nicknames for Hades."

"Maybe . . ." He trailed off.

"The throne room sounds like Hades," Grover stated. "Thats the way it's usually described."

He shook his head. "Somethings wrong. The throne room wasn't the main part of the dream. And that voice from the pit . . . I don't know. It just didn't feel like a god's voice."

Amara froze as her mind began racing a thousand miles an hour, possibilities and connections being thought over as she recalled his words. "What?" Percy asked, turning his attention on her.

Annabeth shook her head, taking Percy's attention off the brunette, something she was grateful for. "Oh . . . nothing. It has to be Hades. Maybe he sent this thief, this invisible person, to get the Master Bolt, and something went wrong—"