vingt-trois

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter twenty-three❛ 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚕𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝚣𝚎𝚞𝚜'𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚍

❛ 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚕𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝚣𝚎𝚞𝚜'𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚍. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

THE TOWN OF Gila Claw had vanished, including the taco shop and abandoned houses as the group of six stood in the middle of the junkyard. Percy had been the one to explain that Aphrodite was the women in the car, the hunters especially looking less than pleased upon hearing the news.

"Well," Bianca eyed the duo who the goddess of love had specifically request. "What did she want with you?"

Amara tuned out the di Angelo, her mind still thinking over what Aphrodite had told her. To fully trust her feelings, let her guard down, and trust Percy? She spared the raven haired boy a glance as they met gazes but it wasn't for long as they quickly looked away.

"And thee?" Zoë asked. "What did she ask of thee, Amara?"

"Yeah," Thalia agreed, raising a brow. "But what's with the new outfit? It's nice and all, but . . ."

A huff escaped her lips, she knew the goddess was right. She was starting to accept her Beauty and the Beast prophecy without realizing it, the first being calling a certain someone Beasty. "Nothing," she stated. "Just another attempt to throw something I can't control in my face."

As if sensing her angry through her dry words, they quickly dropped it and changed the topic. "So," Percy said. "How do we get out of here?"

"That way," Zoë pointed her finger towards the distance. "That is west."

"How can you tell?"

Thalia rolled her eyes. "Urea Major is in the north," she said. "Which means that must be west."

"Oh, yeah," Percy realized. "The bear thing."

"Show some respect," The eldest hunter held an offended look. "It was a fine bear, a worthy opponent."

"You act like it was real."

"Guys," Grover stopped the argument before it could escalate. "Look!"

They had reached the crest of the junkyard, filled with gold, silver, weapons, and much more spread out for them all to see. "Whoa," Bianca gasped. "That stuff . . . some of it looks like real gold."