dix-sept

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter seventeen ❛ 𝚒'𝚖 𝚗𝚘t 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗

chapter seventeen
❛ 𝚒'𝚖 𝚗𝚘t 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

AMARA SPLASHED SALT water onto the raven haired boy, hoping to wake him in one attempt. It took her multiple tries before she was able to get him up and had the opportunity to take in the view. There was a sunset behind the city skyline, beachside highways were lined with palm trees while stores glowed red, neon blue, and the harbor was filled to the brim with sailboats and cruise ships.

"Miami, I think," Annabeth thought out loud, earning the brunette's attention. "That's where Chiron wanted us to go if we retrieved the Fleece."

"Plus," she continued. "The hippocampus are acting funny."

And the blonde was right, the sea creatures had been whinnying and swimming in circles since Amara had awoken. She attempted calming hers and Percy's down but it was futile, they were too freaked out.

"This is as far as they'll take us," Percy explained as he rested his hands on her shoulders to sit himself up right. "Too many humans with too much pollution. We'll have to swim to shore on our own."

"So we have to swim?" The electric eyed girl eyed the boy behind her. "Pretty much, but you can't use the winds with all these humans. So it's your call, what are you thinking?"

She wordlessly shrugged as he slipped off the sea creature and landed in the water. He had barely resurfaced when she slid off the hippocampus as well, his arms shot out immediately but she had positioned herself to land right besides him. Her arms wrapped around his neck while her legs went to his waist.

His eyes narrowed as she held back a laugh, instead a grin curled onto her lips as she adjusted herself on his back. "Don't do that," he scowled, her grin widening as they began swimming to shore.

"Why? That was fun, Seaweed Brain," but his narrowed eyes stayed alongside his lips pulled into a straight line. He said nothing the rest of the swim where they reached the shore in no time.

Annabeth helped Amara onto dry land as the satyr ran to the nearest newspaper stand, checking the date. "June eighteenth! We've been away from camp ten days!"

The once joyful grin that laced her lips was gone as her heart fell to her stomach.

"That's impossible!" Clarisse stated.