vingt-sept

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter twenty-seven ❛ 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢

❛ 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

LAUGHTER ESCAPED FROM the daughter of Aphrodite, a smile twisted on the older girls face as she watched the two campers. Amara and Beckendorf had began bickering, the two demigods each determined to get under the other's skin while the Beauregard girl watched.

"Come on Charlie," Amara taunted, a smirk resting on her lips as her hands landed on her hips. "Just admit it, I'm the better sword fighter."

"In your dreams, Grace." Charles argued, rolling his eyes.

The brunette shrugged, enjoying the rouse she was able to get out of the older boy. "Maybe in yours," she agreed. "But last time I checked, you had a sword to your throat less than an hour ago."

Beckendorf's eye twitched as a grin curled onto the younger girl's lips. "And, forgive me if I'm wrong," giggles began seeping out from Silena's lips. "But, I'm pretty sure that means you lose and I win."

With his silence, Amara turned around and folded her hands behind her head as she began walking off. A proud look rested on her face, happiness flooding through her from the days events.

At least, until arms wrapped themselves around her waist and tugged her backwards. She landed against a chest, their grip tightening as she quickly recognized the smell of fire. "Charles," she scolded, but it didn't last long.

His fingers soon found themselves digging into her sides as she squirmed, quickly buckling in on herself as she tried to get away from the ticklish feeling. "Charlie!" She yelled, squeals racing past her lips as the older boy continued.

"Come on Ara," she could hear the smile in the son of Hephaestus's voice. "Just admit you're wrong, and I'll stop."

"Never," she laughed, momentarily stopping the dark skinned boy in his actions. "Okay," he said, and without hesitation immediately intensified the tickling as laughter escaped the younger girl.

She gripped his arms, attempting to tug them off but she knew the blacksmith was physically too strong for her to pull him off. So before she could lose her strength, she wrapped her legs around his and brought the two to the ground.

The pair landed on the grass as Beckendorf hurried to try regaining his grip around her, but she was faster as she managed to get out of his arms and back onto her feet.