treize

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter thirteen ❛ 𝚊 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛

chapter thirteen
❛ 𝚊 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

     AMARA LEANED AGAINST a tree as she watched the children of Athena and Poseidon scramble to get their belongings together, preparing to go off onto the quest. She wordlessly followed them to the beach, where she only made her presence known by clearing her throat.

"So," she lowly spoke, causing the raven haired boy to jump as a knowing look appeared on the blonde. "Where are you two off to?"

"Three," the voice of the cyclops caught the brunette off guard as he made an appearance. Annabeth's eyes widened as she stared at Percy. "He's coming with us?"

He frowned. "Yes, but we can't argue over it now. Harpies are on the way and we need to catch up to Luke's boat."

"Nice to know I'm not the only not in the loop." A glare was shot her way from Percy as he turned back to Annabeth. "We can't leave him! He'll be punished by Tantalus for us three leaving him!"

"Hold up," Amara raised a hand. "Who's 'we three' last time I checked you two planned on going on this quest without telling me. Mind you," her tone turned harsh. "It's my sister."

"Okay, your highness," Percy spat, causing the Grace's eye to twitch as she felt anger began to stir within her. "Last time I checked, you were too busy being on your high horse to even talk to either one of us."

"My high horse?" She snapped, taking a step towards the boy. "Let me remind you, Jackson. I'm not the one with a monster brother!"

"No," he agreed. "Just a sister who got turned into a pine tree!"

"Enough!" Annabeth stepped in between the two and pushed them away from one another. "Let's focus on the task at hand. Percy, how do we get to Luke's ship?"

"Hermes said my father would help."

"Well, what are you waiting for?"

Taking a few steps into the water, he began awkwardly calling out to Poseidon. "Um . . . how's it going, dad?"

"We're kinda in a hurry, Jackson."

Sparring Amara a look, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "We need your help getting to that ship, before we get eaten by the Harpies. So . . ."