seize

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter sixteen❛ 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚍, 𝚓𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜𝚘𝚗

chapter sixteen
❛ 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚍, 𝚓𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜𝚘𝚗. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

     STANDING BESIDES PERCY, Amara was able to make out an island in the distance. It was safe to say the island belonged to Polyphemus, but it didn't match the image she had created in her head. The pastures were a bright green with tropical trees and white beaches, however one thing did match her image which was the long rope bridge that connected across a chasm.

"The Fleece," Annabeth breathed out, making her way besides the duo. Luckily, when the brunette had finally calmed down enough from her meltdown and Percy returned them to the surface, the blonde was still below deck dwelling in her thoughts with no idea what had just happened. And Amara planned to keep it that way, a little secret that no one else needs to find out about.

The Jackson boy held a frown as he spoke. "If we take it away, will the island die?"

The daughter of Athena shook her head, "It'll fade. Go back to what it would be normally, whatever that is."

In the meadow at the base of the ravine, several dozen sheep were milling around. Behind them, ran a path that led up all the way into the hills and towards the top near the edge of the canyon. From there, by the edge was a oak tree where something gold glittered in its thick and twisted branches.

"This is too easy," Amara scoffed, stuffing her hands into her jacket. "We could just hike up there and take it."

"There's supposed to be a guardian, right?" Percy questioned. "A dragon or . . ."

A deer emerged from the bushes, trotting into the meadow probably looking for something to eat. The sheep bleated at once and rushed towards it, the deer stumbled and was lost in a sea of wool and trampling hooves. A few seconds passed and the sheep all moved away, where the deer had been was now a pile of clean white bones.

The three demigods exchanged looks. "They're like piranhas." Annabeth muttered.

"Piranhas with wool . . ." Percy crossed his arms, frowning at the sheep. But something else caught Amara's attention through her peripheral vision, by the meadow a small boat had been run around, the other lifeboat from the CSS Birmingham.

"Hey," the brunette grabbed the blonde's arm and directed it towards the boat she had seen. "Look what washed up on shore."

The children of Athena and Poseidon let out an exasperation sigh once they caught sight of the lifeboat, before they began arguing on their next move. The daughter of Athena wanted to sneak up with her invisibility cap and grab the Fleece, however Percy managed to convinced her something would go wrong.