dix-neuf

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter nineteen❛ 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚝𝚢𝚙𝚎

chapter nineteen
❛ 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚝𝚢𝚙𝚎. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

FOR A MOMENT no one moved, only the swirling of snow and wind filled the air due to the helicopter blades. "No," Dr. Thorn finally muttered as he stumbled back a few feet. "It cannot be—"

An arrow suddenly shot past Amara, like a streak of moonlight as it impaled the manticore's shoulder. The creature staggered backwards, wailing in agony as a smirk grew on her lips.

"Curse you!" Thorn cried, unleashing his spikes in an assault of dozens in the direction the arrow had appear from. Just as quickly, arrows doubled the size of the spikes shot back and sliced multiple thorns in half.

Amara got to her feet, pulling the Jackson boy up with her as she recognized the handy work of the hunters. She couldn't count how many times they've pulled that same move off during their annual capture the flag game, it was annoying to say the least.

The monster quickly pulled the arrow from his shoulder as howl of pain escaped, giving Percy the opportunity to quickly lung and attempt to swipe him with Riptide. But Thorn wasn't that injured, using his tail he slammed against Percy's shield and sent the boy flying to the side somewhere near Thalia.

Finally, the hunters made their way out from the woods and let their appearances be known. The youngest seemed to be ten, and the oldest had to be somewhere around fourteen. An age Amara was soon to be in only a week. The archers advanced on the manticore, bows raised.

"The hunters!" Annabeth cried, a smile slipping onto the blonde's lips.

"Wonderful," Thalia grumbled, sending the brunette a knowing look. But much to her older sister's distaste, Amara didn't mind the hunters. They were clear about their beliefs and life choices, so she never made them angry when she personally didn't believe in living forever.

An older girl stepped forward, her bow raised and held up towards Thorn. She stood tall, with coppery colored skin as a silver circle decorated the top of her long dark hair. "Permission to kill," the old accent flowed off her tongue easily, Zoë Nightshade. "My lady?"

"This is not fair!" Thorn wailed like a child throwing a fit. "Direct interference, it is against the Ancient Laws!" Amara shared a look with Grover, the duo rolling their eyes at the creature's dramatic.

"Not so," another hunter stepped forward, except this time the youngest demigod recognized her to be the goddess Artemis. "The hunting of all wild beasts is within my sphere, and you foul creature are a wild beast." The goddess returned her attention to the Nightshade girl besides her. "Zoë, permission granted."