vingt-deux

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter twenty-two❛ 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚋𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚝

chapter twenty-two
❛ 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚋𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚝. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

     WHEN AMARA AWOKE, she was ready to bury herself in a hole. It turns out she and Percy had fallen asleep on opposite sides of the car, before they unexpectedly moved closer to one another. Her head rested against his shoulder, his arm lightly laying on hers.

Thalia had been the one to go and wake them up, only to open the back door of the truck and find them sleeping in that position. Percy had been the first to awaken, immediately meeting glances with the smirking older girl as his face flushed red instantly and laughter soon escaped from her.

"If I didn't know any better Jackson," Thalia spoke, calming down from her laughter. "I would think you had a crush on my sister."

Amara was the next to awaken, only to meet her sister's teasing look as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. She looked up, meeting glances with Percy as the two quickly sprung apart. Thalia's laughter could be heard again, the duo making their way to opposite sides of the car.

"The others are waiting for us," the former tree finally instructed. "So, if you two can compose yourselves long enough and meet us down there, I won't speak about what I saw."

They wordlessly nodded, quickly making their way out of the truck and hurrying after Thalia.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

The demigods and satyr ventured into the town of Cloudcroft, New Mexico, where nothing but a stereotypical small village awaited them. "Great," Thalia mumbled. "No bus station, taxies, car rentals, no way out."

"There's a coffee shop!" Grover pointed out.

"Yes," Zoë agreed. "Coffee is good."

"And pastries." The satyr said dreamily. "And wax paper."

"Fine," The eldest Grace sighed at their protector's antics. "You two and Amara, get us some food. Percy, Bianca, and I will check the grocery store, maybe even get us some directions."

The trio filled with the two demigods and satyr made their way into the coffee shop, ordering drinks and pastries as they awaited for their choices to be made. It didn't take long, the waiter quickly handing them their drinks as they claimed the first table outside they could find.