quatorze

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter fourteen❛ 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚝, 𝚓𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜𝚘𝚗

chapter fourteen
❛ 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚝, 𝚓𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜𝚘𝚗. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

SOLIDERS RUSHED AROUND the deck as Amara made her way to a railing, staring at the sea as she watched the waves go up and down then repeat. Her hands gripped the railing tightly as they hit a strong wave, humid steam looming over her head as she flinched back from the water that was splashed her way.

"Staring," she called out, aware of the son of Poseidon's gaze. "Is rude." He shrugged as he made his way to her side. "And calling people monsters isn't the nicest thing either," he pointed out with a small smirk knowing he had a point.

"It's true."

"Not without reason," the boy corrected as his voice turned soft. Her eyes narrowed as she looked over at Percy. "What are you trying to say, Jackson?"

"That maybe, if you talk to me about—"

Clarisse's cheer cut the boy off. "At last," the daughter of Ares held a proud smirk as she called for the captain. "Captain, full steam ahead!"

A groaning noise could be heard from underneath their feet as Annabeth and Tyson joined the duo. The cyclops held a nervous expression as he looked around. "Too much strain on the pistons," he muttered. "Not meant for deep water."

Sparing a glance to the monster on Percy's left, she switched her gaze to her surrounds. The north side were littered with cliffs clustered in island, the south side was a storm. The sky and sea were mixed together dangerously, boiling together in a roaring mess. A quiet question arises in the back of the girl's mind as she subconsciously looked at the raven haired boy besides her, is that what it would looked like if their abilities ever mixed?

"Hurricane?" Annabeth asked, bringing the brunette from her thoughts.

"No," Amara said, shaking her head. "Charybdis."

The blonde glanced towards Clarisse. "Are you crazy?"

The daughter of Ares shrugged. "Only way into the sea of monsters," she pointed to the top of the cliffs. "Straight in between Charybdis and her sister Scylla."

A frown appeared on Percy's features, "the sea is wide open! Just sail around them."

The La Rue girl rolled her eyes. "If I tried to sail around them, they would only appear in my path again. You have to sail through them in order to reach the sea of monsters."