Chapter 48

*Sofia's P.O.V.*

As soon as I woke up, I got out of bed and started getting ready. Niall and I had made plans to have breakfast together at the hotel today. I had to be there at 11 am, since Niall wanted to sleep in, so I got up at 9:30 with plenty of time to get ready. As soon as I was dressed and had my makeup on I headed downstairs to eat an orange, since I was starving. I don't usually eat breakfast that late.

"Hi sweetie. Are you going somewhere?" My mom inquired as soon as I set foot in the kitchen.

"Yeah, Niall and I are having breakfast together at the hotels' restaurant." I told her.

"That's nice. Why don't you bring him over for lunch?" She was eager to meet him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm making chicken parmigiana and spaghetti with alfredo sauce, your favorite."

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "Thank you so much." I continued as I hugged her. That was my favorite home cooked meal combo ever!

"Great, well, see you later then."

"At what time are we eating?"

"I suppose that we'll eat at 2:30 like always, so get here before that."

"Perfect."

*Niall's P.O.V.*

It felt so good to be able to wake up late, I had really missed having days off. When I'm on tour or staying at my mom's I always have to wake up early, so waking up at 10 is a breath of fresh air. Soph will be here in about an hour to have breakfast together, and I'm supposed to meet her family today. An hour later, I heard a knock on my door followed by someone opening it.

"Morning babe." Soph's voice echoed through the room as she came into view.

"Good morning love." I answered as I went over to give her a kiss.

"Ready for breakfast? Because I'm starving." She stated, making me laugh.

"We're truly made for each other." I said under my breath.

"Yes we are." She took my hand in hers asa she led me to the restaurant. 

It was kind of empty, and the few people that were there were all dressed in suits and talking on their phones, so no one paid attention to us. Once we were seated and had ordered our food, Soph announced

"So, my mom asked if you could come over for lunch today. They can't wait to meet you." So soon? I was expecting to meet them later today, not at lunch. 

"Yeah, of course babe." I told her as relaxed as I could, when I was actually dying on the inside. Meeting the parents is always something that makes me nervous. Not that I had met a lot of parents, I've only had 3 serious girlfriends in my whole life, including Sofia.

"Thank you so much." She replied as she held my hand and started making little circular motions with her thumb, caressing my hand.

"No problem." I smiled sheepishly. God, I was smitten by her, I loved her a lot.

After we were done having breakfast we headed back to my room to hang out a bit, since it was only 1:00 pm and we had to be at her house in a little over an hour. We started making out, but then suddenly her phone started vibrating and we had to break apart so she could answer it, stating that it might be her mom. 

"Hi mom." I heard her speak, while she tried to control her breath without making it evident. The conversation was in Spanish obviously, so I couldn't understand most of the things she was saying. I only understood some snippets, and if I'm not wrong she was saying the following: What? Are you serious? Fuck. And those were the only things I could make out from her 3 minute long conversation. I could tell from those answers and her voice tone that she wasn't happy. As soon as she hung up the phone I asked