Chapter 7 ~ "I need your help"

Sasha 

"So, are you going to tell me what you and the ghost of Christmas past were doing on Saturday night?" Micheal asks and my eyes dart to my bedroom door.

Micheal came over tonight before practice to chat a bit, I told dad it was going to be about skating but I knew what he really wanted to talk about. He'd been texting me about it since the weekend wanting insider details.

"Micheal, shut up." I hiss and stand to shut my door. "What if someone heard you?"

"So you and Nate, back together again huh?" He asks and I shake my head sitting on my bed.

"It's not like that, didn't you see what happened today at school?" I ask and he shrugs.

My usual weekly routine was in full swing complete with its usual amount of teasing. Nate may have been keeping his promise to stop teasing me but it hurt twice as bad to see him pretend not to know me. 

At the end of the day things would most likely stay the same. I don't know what I was expecting either, for him to sit with me at lunch? His new friends didn't know anything about his past, and I knew he wanted to keep it that way. 

Except for Sabrina, she knew everything. It was like she kept tabs on him, on me, on the entire student population.

"Well that's only because the wicked witch of the west would have killed him on the spot." Micheal points out and I flop back onto my bed.

"I guess I shouldn't have really expected anything to change, huh?" I say looking up at the celling. "I mean what could he do?"

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" He asks and I groan putting my hands over my eyes.

"No." I answer truthfully. "But Micheal, I'm so.....boring and lonely. I need to change something in my life, change my steaks from winning a competition. Even if it's a bad idea and something happens, it might help me put emotion into my figure skating."

"I guess there's always that." He teases and I laugh. "Maybe don't tell him you're using him solely for figure skating." 

"Yeah, yeah." I say and he laughs.

"So what were you two talking about?" He asks and I laugh running my hands over my face.

"Mostly about skating." I admit. "A little about the two of us when we were younger."

"Those were the good days." He sighs and I laugh, fully agreeing. "You two used to be so cute, completely inseparable."

"I know." I mumble. "We used to do everything together."

"I remember the first time you ever tried an advanced jump and you fell flat on your butt. You were really disappointed with yourself and your dad wasn't helping. He yelled at you and told you it should have been easy. After it was over Nate was there, helping you up and telling you he knew you could do it." He says and I smile.

"I think he really did care about you." He says and I shrug. "Maybe he still does."

"I doubt it." I say shaking my head. "He hasn't spoken to me since Saturday. Well then again I don't have many friends, is that what it's like?" I ask sarcastically and he laughs.

"No, it's not." He admits. "But I hope for your sake, it works out."

"I guess." I say, giving a very non-comital answer.

"So how's your practicing been going?" He asks and I huff.

"It's intense, as it always is." I tell him and he nods. "But I guess I have the stuff to show for it right? It's not all for not right?" I gesture to my trophy case and he nods.