Chapter 36 ~ "Tell me something in Russian"

☆ Hello readers! So nice to see all of the wonderful comments and votes popping up on my chapters!! I've alway loved writing and this is the first time I've heard such wonderful feedback! I write these stories because I love them, and I'm so glad to hear that other people are liking them too! Thanks for your patience and I hope you enjoy 'Ice Queen' :)) ☆ 

Nate

This is a bad idea.

I've walked through this backyard too many times, looked up at that roof too many times. I've stood outside this window too many times, but I needed to see her.

I know she needs space of her own to adjust to being at home again but I can't help myself. I must have rolled around in bed for two hours because I missed Sasha so badly. I even tried going across the hallway and laying in the guest bed. But all it did was make me miss her more, it still smelled like lavender and reminded me she wasn't here anymore.

I know she must be upset and want some support, I want her wrapping her arms around me, whispering how much she loves me. I don't know when I became so pathetic. 

Now I'm up on top of her roof debating whether I should go in or not. I suddenly see the room light up and I watch Sasha get out of bed. I feel my heartbeat pick up when I realize she's just wearing a slip of some kind to sleep. It barely covers her butt and her long blonde hair flows over her back.

I watch her walk into the washroom and splash some water on her face. She then comes back into her room and I take that moment to get her attention. I tap on the window and she looks over to me and just about runs to the window, sliding it open. 

"I'm sorry I couldn't-" She doesn't even let me finish the sentence before she presses her lips to mine. I feel instant relief, there wasn't anything like kissing Sasha.

"I'm so glad you're here." She whispers and I pull myself through her window. 

It's only been eight hours but I feel like I haven't seen her in years. Just feeling her wrap her arms around me is comforting.

"Baby." I whisper and she nods. I run my hands over her body feeling the silky material of her slip under my fingertips. There's lace that trims the bottom of it, the back and the neckline. It's almost lingerie.

"I can't sleep." She mumbles and feel my heart shatter. I close the window and pick her up, her legs instantly wrap around my waist and I sigh.

"Neither can I." I breathe sitting down with her. "Jesus, what is this?" I groan running my fingers under the thin straps on her shoulders.

"A nightgown." She whispers with a small laugh. "Do you like it?" 

I feel my breath leave my throat when she says that, where were these 'nightgowns' when we were sleeping in the same bed?

"Yes." I say quietly, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear.

Of course the answer was yes, the material sat over her body almost perfectly. It was practically made for her, nothing could look better. 

"I missed you." She whispers and I lean in to kiss her cheek. I look at her wide blue eyes feeling overwhelmed, I'm so glad to be back with her like this.

"I missed you too." I breathe. "More."

I didn't know how to explain how I felt about Sasha, to most people it probably seemed ridiculous how obsessed I was with her. But she was my oxygen, I needed her to survive.

"How was everything?" I whisper and she shrugs.

"A little awkward." She admits. "It just felt really weird given how I left and everything. I haven't seen dad yet, he's here we just haven't talked and I'm not exactly rushing to do it."