Chapter 45 ~ "Did you know?"

Sasha

Today is a huge day. Nate is supposed to pick me up at seven after his hockey game and the two of us can hopefully, spend a quiet night together in his room. I wasn't sure if I was really anxious or really excited, I didn't want to rush anything and I hoped it would be perfect.

I was glad we didn't end up going through with any of it on Thursday. I was so overwhelmed from missing Nate the two of us almost did it then. But I knew that wasn't what he was envisioning and quite honestly, it wasn't what I had in mind either.

Doing it tonight would be amazing, slow, quiet. We'd be as close as two people could be. I honestly needed a distraction after the week I've had, I was tired and stressed out. I had an opportunity right now to really make a dream come true, and I didn't want to waste it.

This week had been physically and mentally exhausting, I'd done so many things and I'd spoken to so many people. I just didn't want Nate to get lost in my laundry list, he was my priority, even if I was awful at showing him that. I was hoping tonight would make everything up and help us hit the restart for the week.

I knew he said none of this bothered him, but I found that incredibly hard to believe. There must be some part of him that wishes I still had loads of free time to spend with him. My competition was in less than two weeks so there was a chance things could calm down for a while. But then what? I'd still be training for my auditions and the next season of skating.

I decided that while I had some free time this afternoon that I should call Micheal. Nate was playing hockey for a few more hours so I had some time to burn after my practice today. I wanted to chat with him and make sure he was doing alright.

"Hey Sash!" He says cheerfully over the other end and I laugh.

"Hey stranger." I say and he laughs. "Look I have a few hours until Nate-"

"Going a little crazy without vitamin-N are we?" He asks and I laugh.

"I guess." I admit and he laughs. "But I miss you and I haven't hung out with you in ages! Can you come over?"

"I'd love to, should be there in five." He says and I smile.

"Perfect I'll see you soon!" I say and hang up trying to wipe the smile off my face. 

Micheal always made me laugh, he was funny and talked a lot of sense into me. I missed spending time with him but with all the crazy skating he and Irene have been doing, he hasn't been free in a while.

Soon enough I hear my doorbell ringing and I hop down the stairs to open it.

"Hey." He says and gives me a hug and his signature single kiss on the cheek.

"Hi, ugh I missed you!" I tell him and he laughs.

"Same here, I want all the details." He says and I laugh leading him back to my room. "Tell me everything!"

"Well we're together." I mumble looking at the floor and he laughs. He didn't even need to tell me what he was talking about, I knew he wanted to know about me and Nate.

"Yeah I know Sash, I'm not blind." He says and I laugh. "I was right wasn't I? I called this months ago if memory serves." He informs me and I roll my eyes.

"I suppose you did." I tell him, narrowing my eyes and he laughs.

"I knew you couldn't stay away from someone like Nathan Carter. You and him just have way too much chemistry." He teases and I laugh. "But are you happy? Because that's all I care about."

"I am." I whisper with a sappy grin. "He's amazing."

"I'm glad." He says and I laugh. "You've been my girl since day one Sash, it's nice to see you so....into somebody else."