Episode 1 - Brother, Brother

"Focus. Feel the power. It is inside you. It runs in your veins. Harness it. Control it."

My Father's voice rang in my head. I shut my eyes tighter and do as he once said. I allow myself to relax, focusing on the energy that builds at my fingertips. I try to imagine what it had felt like when those purple tendrils of energy licked at my arms. I try to let the power flow. I try to control it. But it's no use. I cant focus when there are continuous grunts and shouts coming from inside the monastery.

"Fire strike! Oh my gosh, is that the greatest move you've ever seen?" Comes the voice of Kai.

"Stop trying to do it yourself. We need to work as a team!" Cole's voice quickly follows.

With a final groan of annoyance, I stand up. If I cant harness my powers, I'm going to at least practice fighting. With that in mind, I press the button that activates the training area and begin to throw daggers at the dummies. I try to picture each dummy as one of the boys. I imagine throwing my knife at each of their faces to shut them up. As I continue to throw the weapons, the tingling feeling gathers at my finger tips. Annoyance quickly turns to excitement and I begin throwing the knives harder, clinging to the sensation that now encases my whole hand. Purple and black tendrils of energy begin to escape my fingers with each dagger thrown. Finally, I'm down to my last dagger. I throw it as hard as I can and a big ball of black and purple light follows after it, exploding the dummy it collides with.

"You may not be the Green Ninja, but you certainly have a power like no other," Says my Uncle. I turn to see him standing at the door. I send him a small smile, grateful for the praise. His proud smile suddenly turns to a frown. "Have you seen my students?"

I scoff. "Yeah, they're inside playing video games."

Just as I say that, Jay's voice comes from inside. "Zane, why are you wasting your special attack on me? You have to save it!"

Uncle and I share an irritated look before heading inside the monastery and towards the game room. The four boys are splayed along the floor, ferociously pressing buttons as they stare intently at the t.v. screen. Uncle Wu sighs and heads over to the wall, unplugging their game. Many groans and shouts of protest came from the ninja and I couldn't help but laugh.

"It took us three hours to get there!" Cole wined.

"Why did you do that! Why?" Jay cried.

"Just because Lord Garmadon escaped through a vortex doesn't mean he wont return one day for the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu!" Wu shouts.

"But Sensei, ever since he's been gone, Ninjago has had nothing but peace," Zane points out.

I roll my eyes. "That's because you've had me captive here," I grumble. If they heard, they ignored me.

"Yeah. Peace is boring. There's no one to save. There's nothing to do," Jay adds, rolling his hand around for dramatic affect.

"We can train tomorrow," Cole says.

"Never put off until tomorrow what can be done today," Wu scolds, crossing his arms.

"Well, I was gonna eat this pizza tomorrow. So if that's the case-" he begins, picking up a slice of pizza. Uncle kicks it out of his hand.

"No pizza for you! In order to reach your full potential, you must train!" Wu shouts. I nod in agreement, though none of the boys seem to be paying attention to my presence behind them.

"Uh.. remember when we did a little thing called the Tornado of Creation? I thought that was pretty insane," Kai puts in.

Uncle Wu sighs exasperatedly. "You four have merely scratched the surface of your full potential. There are so many secrets you have yet to unlock. You haven't even begun to tap into what powers your Golden Weapons hold."