Episode 4 - Good and Evil

"Mom! Dad! What are you doing here?" Jay yells in mock joy. He jumps from the Bounty to meet them.

"Oh, look! It's my baby boy! It's been so long since we heard from you!" Jay's mom squeals.

"Ma! I called you two days ago," Jay groans.

"Oh well... Its not soon enough son. When are you coming out to the junkyard? You say you are coming and you don't," Jay's dad replies.

"Dad! Do we have to talk about the junkyard in front of my friends?" Jay complains.

"He hates it when we tell people he was born in a junkyard?" Jay's mom explains kindly. Her eyes then fall on Nya and she lets out a gasp. "Oh and who are you? You are so cute! You are just my sons type!"

"Mom!" Jay shouts.

"It's a pleasure meeting you. I'm sure, if you want, Jay can give you a tour. He worked very hard on it," Nya replies, ignoring Jay's outburst.

"We'd love a tour!" Jays parents shout in unison.

I wince slightly at their loudness. It's beginning to give me a headache. I thought the Skulkins were annoying, but Jays parents are a whole new level of irksome. Then again, this could just be how every family is. I wouldn't know because my family is unusual. Either way, my head hurts and I long for a nap. So, while Jay is showing them the training room, I sneak away to my room. I do not, however, notice Kai following me.

"Where are you going?" He asks, making me jump.

"To take a nap," I reply with an annoyed sigh.

Kai grabs my hand, turning me around to face him. My breath hitches as he pulls me rather close to him. "What really happened last night?" He asks.

I gulp. "It was a nightmare," I reply slowly.

"I don't believe that," he murmurs. It sends a shiver up my spine.

"You don't have to believe it. It's still true," I retort.

He frowns. "Why do you lie to me?"

I mirror his frown, though my intentions are sarcastic. "I'd never lie to you."

Kai scoffs. "You're lying right now."

I cant help but smirk at him. "Why don't you trust me, Kai?" I ask in amusement.

He rolls his eyes and lets go of my hand to cross his arms. "Dark Lord's daughter, remember?"

I burst out laughing at this. "Stealing my lines now, huh?"

"You set yourself up," Kai replies with a sarcastic shrug.

My smirk turns to a smile. His green eyes shine with amusement and I can only assume my blue ones portray the same. His lips, which are usually turned to a frown, show a bright smile. He is clearly enjoying our witty banter and that sends butterflies to my stomach.

"You like him," my Father's voice rings clear in my head. After all these weeks, those childish feelings remain. I had hoped that after I got to know him, my crush would disappear. In reality, the opposite has happened. I would dare say I like Kai more now than I did then. He's no longer the curious boy that almost snuck past me in an attempt to save his sister. Now, he is a hot headed boy who is passionate about what he believes in. He fights for family and he fights for good.

That's why this crush is so stupid. He fights for good. I am evil. I was raised to be evil, trained by the Dark Lord, born to rule Ninjago after my father. We could never be together, even if he liked me. It wouldn't make sense. Good and evil cannot and will not be together.