Chapter sixteen: What Is That?

The new day brought even more things to our small group of people that knew what was going on outside of the news. The moon-sized thing was at arms reach of the planet now, any second and that beast would start their rampage. But it seems like it is making sure that the thing they are looking for is there.

The beast was now stalking out for the alien to come out of their hiding place, where they would slowly start to destroy this beautiful world once and for all, with the last being able to kill it.

The alien, on the other way, that was taking a tranquil sunbath was now rushing to get inside of the cabin, hurting their head on the top of the doorframe, forgetting that it was the size of a human. The poor alien was not only hurt but terrified of what the beast could see, did it see them?

The kids were all freaking out, knowing what the thing was, as the news blared on and on about the thing that would come into impact with the earth in a few days at most. Since it is so tall, it as to move slowly too.

The youngsters were getting impatient to get the alien back from where they were hiding, to keep them in a safe place, but of course, there is nothing they could do, they are too young to drive a car. Anyways the house was far from being ready to let the alien in.

The kids, in a panic, decided to run to the cabin, at the same time to run away from helping the parents with boring chores. The kids, panting as they entered the house, was heard by the team that was hiding in the bush, watching them deciding to wait for them to leave before deciding to hunt the guest.

To capture the thing that was not supposed to be here, they brought up the thing, if they kill it, the thing will leave, simple as that. The team was really curious as to why the kids would run-up to the alien, it was summer.

They should be running in the fields, not in the woods.

There are a few questions that the children were going to ask the outer being, but they first took back there breath. The kids then started with trying to know if the being knew of what was outside.

To that, started a lot of question and much more thing that made the time pass even faster for the poor kids to understand what was even going on outside. At the end of the speech, they didn't learn something new about the beast, they had to find a way to kill it for good, but how?

The alien thought more about it, before settling on the theory that they had tried a long time ago that went to the split of the Opal. The more the outer being explained, the more the kids were less scared, they had the things that the alien needed to get the thing gone for good.

The only thing that was left though, was how in the world would they gather such things that are hidden and out of sight, extremely hard to find for anyone, and they had a deadline? How will they survive this one now?

The poor being was not thinking about it though since they were the ones to protect that device before it was destroyed.

The guest then remembered that they left the king and queen on their thrones, the power cores should be fine, they hoped, even though it all exploded. Nothing could have survived that, they were alone with one power core left now. The group was now getting a plan ready, only to be cut off by the watch of Ryan, is to tell that they had to go back to his house.

The only being left was now the poor alien, they felt so uncomfortable to be left at the cabin, they didn't know why though, they had to hide, even though they didn't know why they just had this bad feeling...

The visitor was asking themselves if they should listen to their gut feeling or just ignore it all. There was a sudden flash of light that passed the window. They should start to fear what would come next now, there is something that is waiting outside for them, but they didn't know what was indeed waiting outside the door.

The team was now revising what would be happening and how they would finally get the alien into their clutch. The crew was now looking at the paper they had made since they are a little to dumb to remember what they had to do. They had to get in, hurt the beast, capture it, and bring it back, it was so simple, but they had forgotten the plan again, Because of that they had to revise it, so much small brains, that the boos as hired to do the dirty job for him and his brother.

There is not much to remember to get in, get out that was it. The poor being that was hidden in the cabin was getting scared of what was outside of the door, they were not sure if they had to go and see what it was. The other option was to stay inside and hide, act dead, or something that would make the thing outside go away. They had smelled the scent of the purple poison getting more close to the planet, which will soon fall.

Why did it all need to befall right now? They will never know, looking at the ceiling for the elders that are watching above. They were hoping that the king and queen were watching too, trying to help them in their path.

The being was now unconsciously walking towards the door to find themselves curious and wanting to open it to see what was going on. The alien still didn't think it was a good idea but the will was stronger than the thought that was passing their mind about the dangers that are going on.

The team was still hiding close t=o the treehouse, getting ready to strike at a certain hour, before the whole night shows up and that they are stuck into the dark, trying to find the beast that had run away for far to long now. The only thing that was left was the echo of the nightfall as the creatures of the night came back from their small sleep, ready to hunt their food.

There was one last thing that crossed the mind of the alien as they opened the door, they were to dumb to get involved in the human things and not stay put, as the kids had told them. The only cry that was now heard was the door opening, creaking into the night.

The last thing before the silence of the night was broken by an endless chase, was the war cry of the crew that told that now was the time to strike the thing that was running from them for too long.

1201 words