Chapter twenty-seven: Ready, Set, No?

As the weapon was only halfway done, there was now way they could continue with the whole thing of moving around in something that was going on, and on way to fast to get their balance. The whole over deal made the weapon harder to finish and they said that they could be done once they arrived in town, they were indeed not done with the said tool.

Once the van had stopped the alien was getting into high gear, to be able to finish the weapon as fast as they could before they would get spotted and that the plan would be a huge failure. That being said, the husband of Stacy decided to join in the fight and distracted the team that was coming in their way. Stacy was not pleased but hoped that her husband will make it out of there alive.

The alien putted under even more stress as they were pushed by the rest of the team to hurry up and finish the dam thing already. The poor beast, under the stress made a wrong move, making them lose the grip on the tool, making a huge clatter on the floor of the van.

The man was running in an attempt to dodge every bullet that was thrown in his way, only he wasn't fast enough and got shot in the stomach area, a fatal one at that. "I hope you did it, I hope you will succeed I did my deed. I'm sorry I lied to you Clay, I wansn't the man you though I was... Stacy, Ryan, I love you two, please dont cry over me..." the man on the floor said before closing his eyes for the last time. Giving away the last breath he held, losing the sense of pain and suffering.

The loud bang scared the four under the blanket, but they didn't show that they were there, watching form afar. They had to start the van again to move and no get spotted by the enemy. The weapon was slowly gaining weight and getting more and more big, big enough to be left on the floor.

On the other side, the military made it to the town where they had to get back the control. They started their way in, deploying their teams al over town, getting ready for the distraction signal and the takeover. On their way into the middle of the city, they found an body left on the floor. That body was one that they were looking for a long time.

Now they were sure that he was dead, he leader of the underground team was now dead, they had him, even though they though that he had died years ago. They now had to get back to the middle of the situation, the town. The whole group was now ready to move in and help a new species, they were the most fearless of the whole military, that is why they were chosen for that deployment.

Now thinking about it, Starslay remembered that face from somewhere, the face of the man that distracted the other enemy, wasn't it the same man that was the one who captured them? They were about to solve the mystery until they were stopped by the bang on the door. The code in knocks was told, the door of the back of the van opening showing that the team finally made it to the middle of the town.

The other team founded them, thanks to the load of military that was at the doorstep of the van where they were talking over in peace. The military took away the fire from them so that they could drive away a little further and get to the weapon fire point. That is since they didn't calculated that there was other cars coming in the way of the van, making it harder for the alien to dodge the tools that was on the floor while concentrating on the making of the weapon.

All the sound were scaring for the four under the blanket, the fourth and foreign one was still scared they were trained in a normal way, not in the field of battle! So of course they were terrified of the sounds, they never heard them and they sounded so close too... It was too much for the four, they got out from under the safe hidden place from the blanket to see what was going on.

That made Stacy and the rest of the group that wasn't helping the alien to stay steady while doing the thing in the van. They were surprised that they didn't listen, especially since this is supposed to be a suicide mission. They where under shock and didn't know what to say, until Stacy yelled to the three kids "why are you all here, you are supposed to be back at base with the two other things, in a safe place!"

In the underground base, SR woke up not knowing why there was no one at the base and why they were left with the kid. That is until they took a stroll around to notice two notes 'Please keep the kids safe and away from harm, we will be back from the mission soon' and the other one was poor yet readable 'No need, we with them, with a smiley face at the end'. They facepalmed as they slept trough and that they didn't did what they were asked of.

They were scared from the yell of the mother, the gunshots and the whole over deal that was going on outside of the van that was on the move. There isn't much to say now, what is done is done, they cannot go back or get them of off the moving vehicle. It was too dangerous. If they get out all alive, they will get the lecture of their whole life.

Though in the back of the mind of one of the four that snuck into the van, they had a plan ready, that would save the universe from a terrible end. They only had to make a choice, that will be the worse for them, knowing what would happen in the two scenarios. They were sadden that it was them that would make the fate of the whole space.

1055 words