002 | Betrayal Of Your Own

Dimitri's POV:

I ran as fast as I could, not caring if any humans saw me, which they probably couldn't in the first place. The moment I opened the door of Volterra, I took a deep breath to regain my concentration again. ''And what makes you run this fast home on your day off, Dimitri?'' Aro regarded me with suspicion, his hand in the other's with fingers entwined, one leg over the other, deep in his throne. "I found something you'd like, my lord," I said. ''And what could that be?'' Caius followed, one eyebrow raised higher than the other, sitting closer to the front, curious as to why I went into their quiet space and ruined it.

"I found a secret village; it looks like everything there still works like it did in the 1600s. I was hungry and heard two women talking about a girl who was near the forest.'' "You thought they'd think an animal attacked her when they found her dead?" Marcus inquired as he attempted to finish my sentence while inspecting his nails and cleaning them by removing dirt that had accumulated beneath them. ''Exactly, but when I found her, she was screaming to an owl, who could clearly understand what she said and did-'' "Get to the point already!" Caius blew up, ready to slit my throat. ''She was angry at how the guys could hunt while she had to clean the house. To prove her point, she killed a rabbit without touching it.''

Aro and Marcus were both listening intently, eager to learn more so that they could devise a strategy. 'Her name is Y/N, she's fourteen years old from what I've heard, and she has a pretty temper. I suspect her mind works similarly to Jane's; she just has the ability to not only enter the victim's mind but also use her force to choke them and move them in the air to her liking.

"That's a lovely find, Dimitri; could you please take us to that village?" Caius inquired, ready to take her with them as soon as possible. "I don't think that would be the best approach, Caius. Dimitri warned us that if we kidnapped her without her consent, she could easily hurt us or get in our way. We need to let her trust us before taking her with us.'' Marcus answered Caius, looking at him with no expression, clearly making a point. "I would love to meet her, really. Just the first step is that when she is eighteen, she should be able to trust us all, and we would immediately turn her into a vampire, making her the new weapon of this coven." Aro went between the two before Caius could get into Marcus's thoughts, starting a potential fight.

Y/N's POV:

"Madre, the potatoes are done!" I shouted to the other room, where my mom was getting the table ready. "Good job, dear; just look out for the rest, and it will all be done! Everyone can cook as long as they practice; you can do anything if you just practise." I looked up, walking to where she stood, watching her while thinking. If I could do anything as long as I practised, why am I not allowed to practise?

"Madre, if you can do anything, isn't it weird that sometimes you can do things others can't?" "That could happen, dear. When I was younger, I was the only one who could make perfectly cooked chicken.'' ''Can you do something else others can't do then?" "I just talked to an owl, and I killed a rabbit without touching him," I replied shortly, not thinking about it. "Dear, you should go outside more; Madame Ricci was right; you're making weird things up; you shouldn't tell people that; they might think you're a witch. You know what happens to witches.''

This got me angry. My mom didn't believe me! How dare she just think I am not getting enough fresh air? She always locks me up in here, and the moment I find out that I am special, she just acts like I am mentally unstable! "That is not true; I can do that, madre; don't lie to me!" She looked at me, stunned—how dare I, her daughter, contradict her? "That tone bothers me, girl; keep it down." I slowly got redder and redder by the second out of anger, but she still didn't believe me! Then I will prove it!

I took her arm and forced her with as much power as I had to go behind the house, where some birds were eating the seeds she threw on the ground. I did exactly what I had done just a few hours before. Letting the bird shout from pain, I forced him to come closer in the air in front of my mother's eyes so she could see what I was capable of. ''You believe me now?!'' I screamed as hard as I could before throwing the bird into a tree, where it splattered to death.

My mother's eyes were big; they couldn't cope with what she just witnessed. She didn't know what to do. I thought she would finally believe me and be proud of what I could do, but it was the exact opposite of what I tried to accomplish. She turned her head towards me in fear, slowly backing away before running, leaving me with her scared expression fresh in my mind, indicating how frightening I was. I would never hurt her; why would she think that?

I tried to run after her until I bumped into an unknown man I had never seen in the village. He was tall with long, wavy, brown hair, wearing a long, black cloak, looking old but wise and intelligent. "You must be Y/N?" he asked sweetly while sitting down on one knee so he was at the same height as me. "Yes, who are you?" I asked, strangely drawn to the man, not even scared. "My name is Marcus; why are you fleeing? Playing hide and seek?" I looked down at my feet as he kept smiling comfortably. "No, I scared Madre, and she ran away." "Why—" ''Get that witch!'' I looked behind Marcus and saw the whole village behind him with stakes and fire, pointing at me. I am a witch?

"Get away from that little girl! She is a danger to us all!'' They all ran towards me before Marcus could say anything. I tried to run, but they got me just after I went through houses, waiting on both sides, holding me with four hands, and blinding me with a blindfold so I wouldn't see anything. I screamed in terror, attempting to push everyone around me away from me, but due to my blindness, I couldn't figure out who to get.

I was tied to a branch before I knew it, and I smelled smoke and fire. They were going to burn me alive! I screamed as hard as I could, begging Madre to let me go! But nothing worked; people told her that I was attempting to save myself in order to harm others; that she did the right thing! But killing your own creation is not good!

Marcus's POV:

We went to see the mystery Dimitri had found, and I am happy we did. We caught her killing that bird, widening all our eyes from the power she had within. Sadly, she showed the wrong person—the person everyone wants to trust but not always can—and this time, it would've killed her if we weren't there in time.

I talked to her as Caius and Aro followed her, figuring out what she was going to do; sadly, they couldn't convince her to do otherwise. Also, I felt like they did not want to let her do as they said, so they had a reason to turn her and take her with us as fast as possible; they got greedy.

I was ordered not to do anything until it was time, and the moment she was almost dead was the time I was allowed to take action. It is unbelievable that they wanted to hurt that child so deeply, thinking they would get the same effect as what happened with the twins, Jane and Alec. Because of their feelings when they almost lost their lives, their powers got worse, and all the feelings went into that gift, making it dangerous and deadly.

Just before the flames hit her heart, I jumped onto the fire, ripping the rope off of her and keeping the blindfold on her in the hope she wouldn't hurt anyone else. Caius and Dimitri would fix that for her. "You will be okay; this will hurt a little," Aro whispered to her after I took her out of the flames. Before I knew it, his fangs were sunk into the little girl's neck, allowing the venom he emitted to seep into her veins and causing her to scream as she died to live upon it.