013 | Fetch Our Meal

Aro's POV:

Y/N was finally living up to her body's age after all this time; seventeen she was, but I'd say she was closer to eighteen or even older because her way of dealing with things often looked mature; just like how she acted around Caius when she was younger, she didn't pay attention to her acting; she was just having fun because that was her go-to wanting while having fun with him. Those two were impossible to take apart; they were always running around, screaming, and laughing. Since Y/N came into our lives, everything has changed for the better; even Marcus has started to smile more. Nothing was that cold anymore; she brought happiness into this world, and I was not planning on letting it escape ever again.

"Don't you think we should make a little surprise party for our little Y/N? I mean, she is finally back to herself! We should celebrate that!'' Jane asked us hopefully; in secret, she started to like her. "It's a good idea, Aro; that way, we can show her to the rest of our coven and the rest of the world, and all the rumours will fade." Marcus agreed with Jane while looking at me.

Since the person who saw Y/N just before he was killed had mind-linked a friend of his telling her about the girl, word spread quickly, and everyone made up stories with little to no truth in them. We could finally address her presence, claiming she had been turned at eighteen.

"The problem is, how do we make sure she doesn't suspect anything?" She always knows about everything, even if we don't tell her. I let him think just to get an immediate response. "We can let her choose the next humans to feed on with Caius. picking out which ones to go on the tour with.'' I thought about it and found it a pretty nice and clever idea.

Caius's POV:

"So you understand our plan?" Aro asked inside my head while Y/N and I were playing in the garden. I replied with a yes to keep going with our activity; now, after we were done, we could start their idea, a surprise party. Y/N always loved parties; she would always want to join in and dance with everybody. Even if it was just a party with classical music, she would dance like a madman.

Y/N was picking flowers while rattling on about a dream she has about us skydiving or whatever; she sounded happy while telling about it. I should maybe take her skydiving then if she likes the thought of it that much. "Caius, next to black, what is your favourite colour?" Y/N now asked, looking curious with about twelve flowers in her hand. "Next to black or bloodred then!" I snickered at the comment. "I like sea blue a lot; it makes me feel free, like I can live without any problems underwater since it is always calm there." I replied as I thought to myself. The sea does make me feel free.

"I like the colour of your eyes," she whispered. I wouldn't have heard it if I were human, but I'm not. "You know my eye colour is the same as the rest of the people here?" I laughed now. "They aren't; yours are darker with a glimpse of hope and happiness you don't see often; yours are clearer than the rest." I looked at her in confusion—could she see all of that with only my eyes? That's so detailed, like she had thought about that answer for over a week. "I like your eyes as well, Y/N." I softly smiled back as I looked down at the grass I sat on.

"Do you want to choose who will be our food next on the tour?"

Y/N's POV:

"Wait what?" I asked, puzzled, looking at Caius; why should I be able to choose who to follow? I mean, it isn't my choice who we kill together, nor is it Caius's choice. "If we were allowed, of course I'd love it!" I replied, jumping into the air with my flowers in one hand. They were a pretty, dark purple. "Aro just offered it; I am sure we are allowed." He smirked, a lethal grin on his face; he liked being able to pick who we drank from. "Well, why are we waiting then?" I ran away to the front doors, where our castle began.

I opened the two gigantic doors that were the only barrier between our world and the world of the humans, where we didn't live according to them. ''So, see all these people in the middle, around the fountain? Everyone waits there because they know if they wait there, someone will pick them out to come in and get a tour; we always make it appear that everyone comes out of the tour, but that's just an illusion.'' Caius now whispered as he approached me from behind. I smiled and ran through the crowd in a basic, black dress but no shoes; I didn't like them, and bare feet felt more comfortable.

I looked around to see a guy in his mid-twenties who slapped a woman before she cried and ran away. Why would he hurt her? She didn't do anything wrong! I felt my breath go higher to my throat as I recognised my teeth, which now slowly showed out of anger. This one I will take; I wouldn't mind him dead at all.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Caius whisper in some woman's ear to come with him for a tour and something else. This made me mad without knowing why. I don't care what he does with other women, but why do I care? I tried to leave it out of my thoughts, trying to forget the feelings I felt while picking out more people until I thought I was done.

I never took people who appeared caring and sweet; I only took people whose personalities I despised; I tried to pick the worst people I could find. The most arrogant even looked proud of themselves after I'd asked if they'd come with me on a tour.

"Caius, do you have enough?" I asked him after I found him again. He nodded and took my hand as we led everyone to walk behind us. "We do need to get them to the dungeon first; we always say that's where the history begins." He whispered in my ear just before we walked in.

"How old are you?" The man who slapped the woman now asked me from behind. I looked at him with confused eyes before trying to say something, but before I opened my mouth, Caius had already answered for me. "She is eighteen; also, if you didn't know, the tour isn't about her; it is about the castle." He answered shortly after hugging me closer while walking to the dungeon.

"I am sorry, I just asked, are you her family? You seem very protective of her.'' He answered back, "You saw Caius's jaw clench; he didn't fancy this. "Yes, we are." "Do you mean you're not her boyfriend?" I felt like I became red, which I didn't because I hadn't eaten in a few days. Thank God I hadn't; otherwise, Caius would've seen my reaction. "No, she doesn't have a relationship with anyone and isn't looking for one either." "Why isn't she responding herself? I mean, it is about her!'' "Because I don't want her to talk to you!" ''And why is that?'' Caius turned around with his teeth exposed, making everyone stop talking, scared to death.