005 | When Snow Falls

Y/N's POV:

The last few months have passed, and we have skipped a significant portion of this story in which nothing, or very little, happened. People know I am here now; I am still a newbie, but no one despises me—at least, not that much. Daddy taught me how to control my thirst so I wouldn't just jump at the first meal that came by, and Marcus learned my history, biology, languages, etc. Uncle Caius, on the other hand, ignored the fact that I lived nearby and pretended I was a stuffed animal that did nothing but sit on the ground.

Jane and I actually sort of became friends—not the best of friends—but we were nice to each other and talked about what happened to one another. She was protective of Alec, thinking I would take a liking to him, which I didn't at all. He didn't speak, nor did I see him that often, and when I did, he just had to do something Daddy told him to; he was merely in the shadows.

Daddy often had meetings about what happened, and even though I wasn't allowed to listen to what the people had to say to each other, I sometimes couldn't get a hold of myself and still peeked. What happened one particular time piqued my interest the most. A woman named Irena came to Daddy so she could snitch on him about her family. Rule 1, Marcus told me to always keep your family close; they are there to protect you, and your role is the same for them. Since then, I have always been ready to jump in front of any threat towards them because no one should touch them. I kept them safe.

But back to the story, Irena told about an immortal child, which I sort of also am; that's why I was mostly kept hidden or they lied about my age, saying that I looked younger than my age and that I was eighteen years old. No one knows and no one will know; otherwise, I would lose my father and get killed.

I heard them talk a lot more in the last few weeks, just after the intriguing woman came to visit, about how to deal with it and how they would come when the snow fell. I was also hoping a new member of the Volturi would join since the gifts of the woman they talked about were handy in all ways.

Marcus's POV:

I am not fond of lying, but we knew Y/N sometimes listened to what we said to each other, so we turned it around for her a bit so she wouldn't decide to join us to visit the Cullens; it would be dangerous for her. When we say "when the snow falls," we mean "there," not "here," as she believes. We will be long gone after the snow begins to fall here.

"I don't like to wait, Aro, you know that. If we went now, it would be over way sooner.'' Caius sighed in anger as he sat in his chair. "Come, Caius, get more in tune with patience." He made him stop hoping, moving his fingers in a circle, showing the thought to himself in his own eyes.

"Patience can also lead to misfortune; patience can also cause us to fail in our plans! I knew from the start that keeping that girl alive wasn't the best idea, and I was indeed right! Creating an immortal child?! Do you believe it?'' "Remember, we also have an immortal child in our possession who is unknown to the public, Caius," I said, hoping he'd finally calm down. "I've got it! We got greedy, and no, I don't mind her being around; I don't even talk to her that often! But using her as an excuse to be quiet ain't it, chief!''

~A day before the snow falls~

Y/N's POV:

I heard a lot of movement, which I woke up from, so I looked just outside my door to find out everyone was wide awake and ready to go somewhere. People locked their rooms; some took cases, while others took nothing "Are you sure she is still sleeping? She isn't the deepest sleeper you know?" I heard Caius ask in the throne room. "No, she isn't. I will go check on her in a few. She will just wake up the moment we are gone. Your plan for determining where the snow fell was quite clever.'' Daddy followed; they lied to me! Well, they didn't, I just assumed, but still! They are going without me! I'm obviously going to go with them!

"Sweetheart, are you awake?" I heard Daddy whisper through the door, so I quickly lay under my covers and acted like I was indeed sleeping. I didn't have a heartbeat, so there was no way he could know, and the feeling that I was awake I could easily shut off.

Daddy opened the door and caressed his fingers through my hair, sitting next to my bed on his knees. "We will come home soon, dear, I promise." He finished, kissing me on the cheek, to then close the door and pack up everything again.

I stood up, changed myself into a simple black dress, and opened the door that was closed not even a minute ago to find the whole hallway now full of cases. So I opened one that seemed rather light, only to discover there was only one uniform inside. So I quickly closed it off just after I jumped in it, hiding under and shutting down my natural scent, so no one knew I was in there. Then I just waited.

Aro's POV:

The trip went quickly, and all of the cases were now in the hotel we had reserved for the group. "They are coming; I can smell them already," Caius said quickly after the clock struck midnight. "Then we must go, shouldn't we all?" I looked at them both, for they nodded in response, getting all together in formation, ready to walk up into what now only looked like a white blanket of Mother Nature's frozen tears.

The moment we walked up to the white scene, it was ruined by what looked like about twenty vampires and twenty wolves. What were they up to? Do they think they've got a chance against us? How dare they prepare an army.

"I see you arrived on time? How fascinating," I asked, looking at beautiful Bella, who was holding the hand of what appeared to be a six-year-old child. I asked them to come forward after Carlisle told me, my old friend, that she wasn't an immortal child at all, even if it seemed like it. "We can see her!" Caius screamed, hoping there was going to be a fight.

I listened to what they had to say in his trial, rather tempted. The child touched my cheek, and that way I could see they spoke the truth. Caius was disappointed to see Alice come forward before the fight with her mate Jasper, who showed me that no matter what happened, the child would always live and many lives would be lost; according to her future vision, even mine. Y/N, would no longer have a parent, she would be used as a pet rather than a child, and I couldn't let my death happen for her safety.

"There is no danger here, Caius, and even the unknown doesn't necessarily need to be a danger or a threat to us."

''Daddy! Why wasn't I allowed to come? You knew I would've found out either way!''

This child, I swear to God—