012 | Care

Caius's POV:

After I got home with Y/N in my hands, I laid her down in my bed without her complaining. Then I just sat there until she fell asleep while reading a book. I didn't want to leave her alone in this state and was not planning on it either. Jane did come by, asking for my presence in the execution, but I told her to let it happen without me. I didn't have time to kill.

I looked at Y/N, who was now sleeping as peacefully as she could be, wandering around a little and occasionally looking painfully with her eyes. I walked up to my closet, took an oversized, dark grey knit sweater out of it, and laid it on my desk while I slowly took her clothes off her body. I had a hard time not looking at her beautiful curves, but fast enough, I realised it wasn't the right time to admire her. I finally pulled the sweater over her head and threw the covers over her as I hugged her from behind, letting her head rest on my chest.

Marcus's POV:

"Lord Caius didn't feel like joining, masters," Jane stated, looking rather confused and thinking to herself. "Did you see anything suspicious?" Aron now inquired, his gaze fixed on mine. Nothing was more important and entertaining than killing some disgusting vampires; for Caius; what would be more important than that? "I saw lady Y/N sleeping next to him while looking painfully sad," she commented. What could've happened? They just went on a run! Aro nodded and played the execution without Caius or Y/N; we would check on them later.

I softly knocked on the door, only to hear Caius say that we could come in as long as we were quiet. We saw him hugging Y/N while she slept, a single tear falling on her cheek, and a circle of love surrounded them, this time much more obvious, with nothing to hide it. "What happened?" Aro asked, puzzled, as he approached them and held Y/N's hand to read her thoughts and past; he looked shocked. "They found her old village and heard her mother talking with a woman who said awful things; they killed them both," he stated, looking at me. I nodded, now understanding the circle of sadness around her.

"I will look after her, Caius; just take a break." Aro sighed, sitting down next to Y/N. "No, I won't; you guys go further with your duties; I took this one already." He replied strictly, almost growling out of anger. Aro didn't dare to say anything else besides nodding and leaving them alone; I knew he'd be curious about what was going on between them, and I wouldn't share or lie; it was difficult for him even without people asking questions.

Y/N's POV:

"Good day, Mia Cara." Caius whispered in my ear, "Are you feeling a little better?" ''I thought vampires couldn't sleep." ''They can get into a state of amnesia when it's just a little too much; you could call that sleeping." I looked around, finding myself in Caius's bed in a gigantic sweater that smelled exactly like him. "Why am I wearing your clothes?" I asked in confusion, just to see him smirk a little. "I thought laying down in those dirty clothes wouldn't feel that nice," he replied, looking me in the eyes, making me blush slightly at the thought of him seeing me in my underwear.

"Well, let's get you cleaned up." He stood up, holding me by my waist, pulling me up in an instant, and taking me to his gigantic bathroom. He filled the bathtub with warm water and added bubbles. I looked at him as he made the whole bath ready, not understanding what he was waiting for at the end. "But, of course." He opened his eyes in realisation, walking out of the room and closing the door—did he want to watch as I bathed? "If you need anything, you can always ask, and I will just stay here." He said this through the door, letting me turn around and look at the warm water, which I immediately began to bathe in.

After I had thrown all the bubbles on my head and made a cave out of bubbles to sit under, I went out of the warm water that fell down my body and took a big, black, fluffy towel that covered my whole body as I walked out of the room, seeing Caius sitting at his desk, writing with an ink feather on a piece of paper. "I appreciate you bathing me, and taking me home." I whispered as he looked up at me, nodding before his eyes widened, looking up and down my body. Is he checking me out?

He looked up and down, almost imperceptibly, his eyes darting around every curve on my body—my shoulders, breasts, and hips. While he was doing it, his eyes darkened slightly; I saw a glint of lust in his eyes that vanished when I spoke up again. I waved my hand in front of his face. ''Yes... Sorry..'' He looked away as he laid his feather down. "And no problem; you can always ask, and I didn't want you to get hurt." He walked up to his closet while saying that, almost distracted, trying not to look. He opened the closet and threw a new, knitted sweater at me. "I think you'd want some new clothes." He smirked now, making it obvious he stared at my body, making me blush heavily, which I hid behind my hair, and he chuckled while I took his shirt.

After I changed, we returned to the throne room, and I held Caius' hand, not knowing why, but it made me feel safe, as if nothing bad would happen to me.

Caius's POV:

Y/N's hand is cute, she held just one of my fingers as she walked back to her dad she hadn't seen for a day. Also, the oversized sweater on her looked sexy, why am I thinking this?! Aro is my brother which makes her my little niece, this feels so wrong...

The moment I opened the door we just saw a glimpse of a head getting ripped off before the ashes, Jane and Alec disappeared. Aro looked up and softly smiled at the little girl who had a tight hold on my fingers. Then he looked up at her clothes, making him chuckle while looking at me with small eyes, trying to understand me, which he would never do and I would not let. Marcus on the other hand just smiled peacefully at the sight.