011.2 | Heartbreaking Revenge

This is the same chapter ass the one prior. A lot of people told me they weren't able to read the 11th chapter so I decided to post it again for the people who had this problem.

Caius's POV:

Before we started running, I watched Y/N's movements slowly, admiring her body movements. I swear I shouldn't be doing this; this is so wrong. "Caius, let's go!" Before I knew it, she took off, and I ran after her, catching up with her not even a second later.

I ducked under the tree branches and jumped over fallen trees. Y/N could so easily ignore it and run around; she was right when she said her body was easier to move around with. Before I knew it, she was gone, and I didn't know where she went. Fuck.

"Why are you so slow, Caius?" She jumped out of a tree, landing just in front of me. "You took off first, and your path is seriously the most difficult one you could take. That's not fair!'' "It's not!" She laughed at me for hitting my arm since she couldn't reach my shoulder that easily.

"But I smell humans nearby, so why not stop for a little snack?" She winked, took my hand, and walked through the woods to where the smell was.

I heard a few women talking and kids playing in the middle of all the houses that were around. "I still can't get over what I did; I killed her, my daughter!" A familiar voice cried into another woman's neck while she hugged her. "You did the right thing. Y/N was a witch, a creation of the devil itself; she wasn't your daughter, just a switched copy of her." This was Y/N's old village, which she lived in four years ago.

I looked at the hurt child sitting next to me, unable to believe what she had heard about herself; her eyes are watery; she is unable to cry but continues to do so. Looking around in disbelief at what she thought was home. "Y/N, we can go home if you want." I offered, but she quickly declined it, pressing her teeth together and walking up to her mother and the other woman who talked about her.

Y/N's POV:

"So that's what you think of your daughter?" Just a pawn in the hands of the devil?! How dare you think that, and how dare you treat me like that, madre! Even after all these years, you still think of me as this evil thing?! I didn't understand what I could and why! I was just a child showing what I could to the only one I trusted, and you ended that for me! You ruined me! Your creation! If you are talking about the devil himself, it is you that you are talking about!'' I ran up to her, holding her neck in my hand and pressing it softly, which for her still felt like her neck was about to break. ''Y/N?! You were burned! How did you get back?'' Madame Ricci now asked, stuttering in fear and tramping back, falling to the ground in shock. "I suppose I never left, don't you think?" I sneered at her, showing off my fangs and bloodred eyes. "Margaret, mother of Y/N, you have been taken by the devil and you can't escape from your future in hell; this is a sign; running away isn't an option; you have been marked!" Ricci screamed again, attempting to flee, but before she could tell anyone else what was going on, Caius stood in front of her with a deadly smile.

"Where do you think you're going, sweetie? after hurting her like that? You are very good at betraying everyone for your own sake; you are nothing more than us, just a lower, pathetic human being whose only right is to walk around keeping our food fresh.'' I looked back at my mother, who watched it all in shock, crying softly at my sight. ''I don't know if you are real, but you've grown up into something so beautiful I never thought it could be mine.'' "Don't call me that; you tried to kill me!'' ''I was scared! Not understanding what was going on since what you could do was unknown. I didn't understand and did the first thing that came to mind: I sought assistance!'' ''By murdering your own!'' ''It wasn't my choice, and I still regret it after all these years; every day, people come to me to wish me well and to protect me, never stopping to tell me I did the right thing!'' "Killing your own people is never a good idea, madre!'' Even though there were no tears, I began to cry.

"Who is that young man accompanying you? I remember him from the day you were burned; he tried to stop me, but I didn't listen." She tried to make the conversation less heavy by asking something so stupid and not important "That's Caius; he looked after me alongside Aro and Marcus, my father and teacher." I looked at the one and only who was now drinking Madam Ricci without letting her scream, and he threw protection around him so only vampires could see what he was doing. "Thank him for looking after you, something I couldn't.'' Madre said it again, a tear falling from her cheek as she realised her fate had already been written in stone.

I knew this wasn't something good—killing your mother—but I could and would never forgive her for what she did. She once even told me that if someone ruins you, you should do it back when you can, but even worse. I followed her wish and the fate she knew she had by slicing my teeth into her skin and sucking out her blood as fast as possible so she didn't die a worse death than what had already been given to her.

Caius's POV:

I looked at her after I killed that horrible woman who had so badly harmed my young Y/N, who had now drank her mother down. I knew she didn't do it only for revenge; she saw and heard how much pain she was in. She ended her pain without realising it was also for her benefit. Aro and I didn't kill off her village; we simply erased the memory of Y/N being saved and changed it to her indeed having died. We thought 10-year-old Y/N wouldn't want her family to have died because of her; that's why we made that choice.

"Let's go home; I don't want to be here anymore." She stuttered softly while looking shocked at the two dead bodies that once belonged to her family. I didn't want her to get hurt while going back; she was too broken for her to run back without being in danger of hurting herself, even if she could just heal within seconds.

I walked up to her and hugged her before she fell into my arms, not wanting to move or give any other energy source, like she wanted to die at that exact point. I took my arm under her legs and my other arm held her back so I could hold her in princess style, which was probably the most comfortable. She laid her head defeated on my chest, looking forward without saying anything or complaining about someone having control of where she would go. Y/N was fierce and would never voluntarily let someone else do something so simple that she could do it herself. She was broken, and she showed it, which she hadn't done before.

This was the first time in her life that she showed vulnerability.